PDA

View Full Version : Craig Biggio Game Used Jersey

bagbig
08-30-2006, 07:47 AM
I am curious, with all the talk about the suspicious Biggio Jersey that was on ebay last week(which went for around $775)....what is a legitimate Biggio game used jersey(circa 2000-2002) worth??

eGameUsed
08-30-2006, 01:10 PM
My prices may be a little inflated in the Houston area, but I recently sold a 2000 Home Black for $2750 and a 2005 Home P/S for $2100. I just picked up a Biggio and Bagwell 2003 jersey from Lelands for just under $2000 plus buyers premium. I would say on a National scale (outside of Houston area and local collectors), a legitimate gamer would be $1300 to $1750 depending on various factors (use characterisitics, style, year, etc). BTW, all 2000 to current Biggio's should be size 46.

Hope this helps!

indyred
08-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Little off topic, but Biggio releated. Has he been using the same batting helmet for a few season. That thing is caked with pinetar and dirt......Talk about a easy photo match. I'd be interesting to see what that would go for if it went on the auction block.....

skipcareyisfat
08-30-2006, 04:09 PM
Little off topic, but Biggio releated. Has he been using the same batting helmet for a few season. That thing is caked with pinetar and dirt......Talk about a easy photo match. I'd be interesting to see what that would go for if it went on the auction block.....

Helmets that have pine tar gunked all over them are awesome, but photo-matching them isn't always a slam dunk, IMO. I have one that shows so much use that the best photo-matches I have are from the final games of the season. I've found plenty of mid-year photos of the guy presumably wearing the same one, but most of the marks were eventually covered up by more pine tar. On the other hand, the best photo-matches I have come from scratches, missing paint and other marks, rather than pine tar.

indyred
08-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Good point skipcareyisfat. Great board name:) . Would have to have end of season photo's......

bagbig
08-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the helpful information, I appreciate it!