PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?

rdeversole
05-09-2011, 04:17 PM
I just saw this on ebay. If this is actually how Billy Hamilton (Reds prospect) signs then I think somebody should throw eggs at him. He could learn a thing or two from Aaron Harang or Jeff Keppinger, two of the smoothest Reds signatures in the last few years.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/Picture38.png

vdsporty25
05-09-2011, 04:29 PM
I just saw this on ebay. If this is actually how Billy Hamilton (Reds prospect) signs then I think somebody should throw eggs at him. He could learn a thing or two from Aaron Harang or Jeff Keppinger, two of the smoothest Reds signatures in the last few years.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/Picture38.png

I can say that is a legit Billy Hamilton sig.......saw him sign yesterday. ;)

camarokids
05-09-2011, 04:48 PM
That is butt ugly. Not to mention a lack of respect for the game. Back in the day, players took pride in their signature. It was a honor to be asked for your autograph.

Nowadays some guys sign like crap. Someone should also ask if he knows how to spell his full name.

chakes89
05-09-2011, 04:54 PM
He is also one on the most, if not most, hounded players on the team in terms of autographs so it's not surprising that his autograph already looks like that

freddiefreeman5
05-09-2011, 05:15 PM
My hand actually cramps when I write a lot. I really cant blame a player for signing that way.

AWA85
05-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Fastest guy in the minor leagues has a fast signature, makes sense. If he could only hit the ball out of the infield now.

LastingsMilledge85
05-09-2011, 05:30 PM
There is a signature out there that is worse than Lastings Milledge's.

trsent
05-10-2011, 02:25 AM
Marian Hossa, been signing like this for over ten years now. I had a signed contract with him, and his signature was no different (except missing the 81) which is pretty amazing how consistent he is.

shoremen44
05-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Just makes me love the classic guys like Mickey and Teddy ballgame that much more...

I find the auto's below just sad

trsent
05-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Just makes me love the classic guys like Mickey and Teddy ballgame that much more...

But how do you feel about the autographs above?

mdube16
05-10-2011, 12:38 PM
But how do you feel about the autographs above?

depends on how you have your settings...oldest post first or last

camarokids
05-10-2011, 12:43 PM

I agree 100%! Obviously a lot of players in the modern era do not take pride in their signature. There are some exceptions. Quinton McCracken, Cal Ripken Jr., Jeter, are a few I can think of at the moment.

I have heard before that hockey players have crappy sigs. I am sure there are some exceptions. I can only imagine how nice basketball players sign :rolleyes:.

trsent
05-10-2011, 01:10 PM
depends on how you have your settings...oldest post first or last

I didn't know that was an option! I learn more every day.

OaklandAsFan
05-10-2011, 01:17 PM
I agree 100%! Obviously a lot of players in the modern era do not take pride in their signature. There are some exceptions. Quinton McCracken, Cal Ripken Jr., Jeter, are a few I can think of at the moment.

I have heard before that hockey players have crappy sigs. I am sure there are some exceptions. I can only imagine how nice basketball players sign :rolleyes:.

Hockey players are horrible. The Coyotes have done mystery puck sales the last few years, the first year they just wrapped the pucks and had a person with a list of each player and what the sig looked like for people who couldn't tell. Last year they got smart and put a small piece of paper inside each puck wrapper that told you who it was.

STLCardinalscollector
05-10-2011, 01:21 PM
That auto almost makes me want to buy one and add UTT EAD to it..... almost.
Signing too many isn't a good excuse, the older players that sign so that you can read there name signed a lot also.

Bert is right !!

David

Always looking for Cardinals game used, and unusual.

freddiefreeman5
05-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Why collect a signature if you hate it?

Manram
05-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Why collect a signature if you hate it?

Maybe if the player is good :D

freddiefreeman5
05-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Maybe if the player is good :D
I think I would stick to game used unsigned then. ;)