PDA

View Full Version : Autograph or not to Autograph my GU stuff

Buster23!
05-08-2011, 09:33 PM
The question is simple.... Do you like your game used stuff to be autographed or not autographed? Ilike my GU bats and jerseys to look like they just came off the field. But, how about you.

Manram
05-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Everything unsigned for me!! I like it to be the way it cam off the field

r_phelps
05-08-2011, 09:41 PM
I like to have my stuff signed because they are the only one in the world who i will have write on that item. Also it can show an item is authentic with the right homework.

bdeol4
05-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Unsigned

mad87man
05-08-2011, 10:13 PM
I prefer my stuff unsigned and as close to as it was on the field as i can get. I just don't like autographs on game used and don't own anything.

Skizzick
05-08-2011, 10:23 PM
I always like to get my stuff signed, and preferably with a "game used" inscription. It adds a personal touch from the player and makes the item that much more special. Sometimes a player will even remember the item you had signed.

RaiderNationPDX
05-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Something about autographs has never appealed to me. In the end, a player can autograph hundreds or even thousands of items, but when it comes to a game used item, that specific piece is one of a kind and stands alone. Maybe if I collected bats it'd be different, but when it comes to footballs, the only person touching a pen to that ball is the official before the game.

Preston
05-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Personally for me, it depends on the item. Game used bats I like getting signed and I think look good signed. Some game jerseys I think look good signed - I've gotten a few of my Titans gamers signed and one of my Memphis Tigers jerseys signed...but I will NOT get my Derrick Rose Memphis gamer signed for 2 reasons (1. what if the pen screws up/explodes/etc? that's a grand down the drain and a one-of-a-kind item ruined...and 2. the number has a weird feel to it - and that's where I'd get it signed).

So to make a long answer short again...it completely depends on the item. The other "factor" is if there's a good place on the item to get it signed or not. If there's not, there's a good chance I leave it as is.

kmantm64
05-09-2011, 12:00 AM
I like my GU bats signed, with the 'Game Used' inscription when possible. I don't collect jerseys, they are too hard and expensive to display.

frikativ54
05-09-2011, 12:22 AM
I like my items unsigned, which is how they were when they were taken off the field. However, I do think that autographs can be tastefully done. I have some John Hancocks on some of my shoes. When cleats are signed on the toe, they look pretty unobtrusive. Having said this, I don't mind autographs on my bats at all, and getting them signed can be a really cool experience. But it's not like signed vs. unsigned is going to be the deciding factor in my buying an item.

-Frik

gaytorhater703
05-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Helmets, Bats, Shoes, gloves......i say yes.....b/c they are good visually for autographs and give it more of a connection to the player.....these items to me are considered not as unique b/c they are not immediately recognizable / quickly connected to the player.......with the execption of the bat with a name on it.

Jerseys....i say no but thats just me....it already has the name/number of the player which makes it unique.

Neely8
05-09-2011, 08:56 AM
I can't stand autographed game worn jerseys and will pass on a jersey if it's signed. I've never and will never understand the desire to get a game worn jersey signed when there are so many other things you could get the player to sign.

ziggy
05-09-2011, 09:31 AM
My vote: never get anything autographed

Buster23!
05-09-2011, 10:07 AM
After reading all these post I think bats yes and jerseys never

Chris78
05-09-2011, 12:12 PM
After reading all these post I think bats yes and jerseys never

The one exception to me for jerseys autographed is specialty/charity jerseys that are worn for one game that a player signs where you sometimes even meet the player after the game. I feel that these are made to be autographed by the person that wore the jersey.

The jerseys that are worn every home, road game, or Sat/Sun jerseys should remain unsigned in my opinion.

Chris