PDA

View Full Version : Photos for Photo matching

kswarriors
08-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Are there web-accessible (and preferably free) sites of game action photos that can be used for photo-matching? What are the best? I know about Getty but that's about it. Thanks.

kylehess10
08-29-2006, 10:09 AM
If I don't find what I'm looking for on Getty then I use Google Images (images.google.com)

skipcareyisfat
08-29-2006, 10:26 AM
The AP photo archive is great, if you can get access to it. Public and university libraries often do. IMO it's just as good as Getty and sometimes better.
Jason

indyred
08-29-2006, 01:13 PM
wireimage.com has a nice selction. They are like getty.
Meigray has an outstanding deal with getty offering a LOA deal on photomatching there jerseys. They can blow up the original picture to really get a nice look at the jersey. I've see one of them and they look really nice. I'll try and post a picture of what they do......
Corbis has a ok selction, another getty type site....

beantown
05-20-2007, 05:49 PM
wireimage.com has a nice selction. They are like getty.
Meigray has an outstanding deal with getty offering a LOA deal on photomatching there jerseys. They can blow up the original picture to really get a nice look at the jersey. I've see one of them and they look really nice. I'll try and post a picture of what they do......
Corbis has a ok selction, another getty type site....

Anyone have any troubles upgrading their profile at wireimage.com? I have tried several times to upgrade and the screen turns dark gray w/ error messages??? They have some great photos if I can ever download them...