PDA

View Full Version : Question About Michel Jordan Baseball Gamer on eBay

trsent
05-03-2011, 02:33 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320559076846

Can anyone help me identify if this jersey is authentic? I assume some of our experts on here can help give an opinion. I have been offered to buy this item, but I wanted to get some opinions of some of my Game Used Universe friends before I made a decision.

cliffjmp33
05-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Here are three decent pics I found on the web from Getty and photo shelter. The one with him talking to reporter seems to match up the pinstripe with the edge of the 5, but it's too small for me to really say that strongly. Hope that helps.

sox83cubs84
05-03-2011, 04:51 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320559076846

Can anyone help me identify if this jersey is authentic? I assume some of our experts on here can help give an opinion. I have been offered to buy this item, but I wanted to get some opinions of some of my Game Used Universe friends before I made a decision.

That small Wilson tag in the collar was not used on White Sox game-issued jerseys. This is similar to the plethora of Frank Thomas Wilson home and road jerseys with the same collar tag that hit the market in the mid-1990s. A Sox employee told me that they were made for charity auctions, although one of the guys busted in Operation Bullpen in the late 1990s would move this tag to the tail, where the normal "Prestige Teams" Wilson label was located on gamers.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
05-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Also, if he even wore this, it would have been for photo shoots and perhaps a few practices. In 1994 the White Sox wore their black BPs as game jerseys for spring training, and, for his one appearance in a MLB uniform (early April exhibition at Wrigley Field), he and his teammates wore the black alternates.

Dave M.

worldchamps
05-03-2011, 05:27 PM
The autograph looks bad to me, I would pass

trsent
05-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Also, if he even wore this, it would have been for photo shoots and perhaps a few practices. In 1994 the White Sox wore their black BPs as game jerseys for spring training, and, for his one appearance in a MLB uniform (early April exhibition at Wrigley Field), he and his teammates wore the black alternates.

Dave M.

So you are pretty sure this could have only been used for photo-shoots and other promotional events. Is it realistic they would have used a jersey tagged like this for such events?

There are a few pictures of him in such a style jersey, but as you made clear, none of them game action.

sox83cubs84
05-03-2011, 10:25 PM
So you are pretty sure this could have only been used for photo-shoots and other promotional events. Is it realistic they would have used a jersey tagged like this for such events?

There are a few pictures of him in such a style jersey, but as you made clear, none of them game action.

Photo shoots and practices IF worn, which I truly don't think it was. The collar tag I referenced in my first post on this thread is abnormal for 1994 White Sox jerseys, and the only such tagged jerseys I have seen before this were Frank Thomas home and road tops with, in most cases, a boxed "94" year tag, and once, a strip tagged "Thomas 94 1". If I were asked to do a LOO on the piece, that would be my belief.

Dave M.