PDA

View Full Version : Help with a 2003 ALCS Yanks/Red Sox lineup card

TFig27
05-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Wondering if anyone had any info about this lineup card. The MLB hologram comes up as game 5, but according to the boxscore it was game 4.

But, I was wondering if anyone could identify which dugout this hung in based on the writing. The hologram states Yankees Lineup Card, but it's tough to trust that. Or if you have any lineup cards from either team in 03 to compare.

Thanks
Tom

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/tfig27/Gamers/lineupcard.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/tfig27/Gamers/2003alcslineup.jpg

tigerdale
05-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Tom, here's a 2001 Yankee lineup if it helps...

tigerdale
05-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Looking at some other ones, right now it looks as if its your card, that team is listed first..which would make yours correct, it was the Yankees.
I'll try to go thru some more & double check this....

Sportsislife
05-03-2011, 02:10 PM
The Yankees are on the left because they are the road team both games. The handwriting is way different so I dunno who writes the lineup card but if it is usually the sane person an the second one is from the yanks dugout than the op probably has a lineup card from the red sox

tigerdale
05-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Tom,
I've looked at all my lineup cards now. Ive bought many from the tigers, home & road...they are always listed first. So the team that is issued the card is the first team listed.
Dale

coxfan
05-03-2011, 08:02 PM
MLB.com "Scoreboard" gives game 4, with those starting pitchers, as played on Oct. 13, 2003. So the card's definitely from Game 4.

I have five lineup cards, all bought from the Braves, and from games both in Atlanta and elsewhere. In all five, the road team's listed first. (Maybe this varies some places). The Braves and others usually have the Bench Coach write out and maintain these cards.

I think MLB issues these cards for each game. But I seem to recall that in some years the Yankees apparently used their own cards with a different format. ( I'm going just on memory with no samples.) In some places, a duplicate lineup card's kept in the bullpen, but I think these hologrammed ones are usually from the dugouts unless the bullpen's specified. I'm afraid I know of no way to tell which dugout without a handwriting comparison somewhere.

coxfan
05-03-2011, 08:11 PM
In current practice, the hologram phrase "Yankees' lineup card" would definitely mean the NY dugout, as they often do one for each team from each game. But I agree with you that this hologramming from this year isn't necessarily trustworthy.

TFig27
05-10-2011, 07:23 PM
I appreciate the research guys.

I am hoping it is Yankees and the signs are pointing to that. I guess I'll be on the lookout for 03 lineup cards and try to match the handwriting to confirm.