PDA

View Full Version : Stat - Stevens-taylor Auth. Team

JETEFAN
08-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi, Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Stat,,,,stevens -tayor Authentication Team? They Are In Albington Pa.

Thanks George

sammy
08-29-2006, 11:54 PM
I am familiar with that company. STAT just celebrated their one year anniversary this month.

Both gentlemen have been in the hobby / business for a long time.

This is their website: http://statauthentic.com/ (http://statauthentic.com/)

This is from their "About Us" page.

Stevens-Taylor Authentication Team

Authentication & Appraisal Services

After doing this for many years privately and independently Jeff Stevens and Ted Taylor are now joining forces and making their services and matchless hobby experience available to collectors, dealers and auction houses.

Along with their associates they bring over 100 years of combined hobby experience to the marketplace - working with the Baseball Hall of Fame, sports museums, hobby retailers, card manufacturers, as Promoters of major hobby shows and events, creators of cards and memorabilia and hosts of autograph events - not to mention being avid collectors ourselves.

Let Jeff and Ted and our dedicated experts give you confidence in your item and the benefit of their many years of collecting experience.

And we do more than just tell you whether the signature on your baseball, photo or other item is any good. We can appraise your collection, we can verify a piece of equipment, we can help you procure one piece of memorabilia - or enough to decorate your den, office or even your restaurant!

Jeff Stevens - Longtime retail marketing exec with the Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, NY; Manager of Mickey's Place, Marketing Director of Cooperstown Bat, Retail Operations Director with Sports Legends at Camden Yards, host of countless star autograph signing events (public and private), creator of many highly coveted Hall of Fame and Cooperstown Bat memorabilia items, specialty marketer of hobby products, baseball "insider", and a lifelong collector.

Ted Taylor - Co-founder of the Philadelphia Baseball Card & Sports Memorabilia Shows, Founding President of the Philadelphia Athletics Historical Society, longtime hobby columnist on the Internet and with both The Philadelphia Daily News and Sports Collectors Digest, VP of hobby sales and marketing for Fleer during the 90's, author of two hobby books and hundreds of published articles, auction house authenticator, frequent "expert witness" in hobby legal cases and featured on HBO as an autograph expert and is a lifelong collector.

Satisfied appraisal customers include:

Ursinus College, The Montgomery County District Attorney's office, The Pennsylvania State Police, Cozen & O'Connor Law firm (the nations largest), Aetna Insurance, to name just a few.

We have handled celebrity signings for Willie Mays, Mike Schmidt, Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Ernie Banks, Bob Feller, Steve Carlton, Bobby Thomson, Robin Roberts and many, many more!

We'll provide embossed certificates and, if desired, a written analysis of the basis of our opinions. We also provide Notary services and can do "on site" verifications at hobby signings.

Our Services

No one can authenticate a signature 100% if they did not witness it and anyone who says otherwise is just not being forthright. They can give you their opinion and can base that opinion on experience and examples of other signatures.

Jeff Stevens and Ted Taylor have over 75 years of hobby experience - running shows, collecting autographs, designing collectibles, hosting signing sessions, etc.

What we give you is our best opinion.

We will VERIFY that a signature is/or is NOT authentic based on our experiences over the years.

We do not use machines. We do not use chemicals. We will not stick something on your prized memorabilia to let you know that we saw it.

We will provide OUR BEST opinions as to the legitimacy of your item/s and will provide a double- embossed document to that effect. (We will also keep a record of our findings on file.)

I have used their services and found STAT to be both competent and professional.

JETEFAN
08-30-2006, 08:54 AM
I am familiar with that company. STAT just celebrated their one year anniversary this month.

Both gentlemen have been in the hobby / business for a long time.

This is their website: http://statauthentic.com/ (http://statauthentic.com/)

This is from their "About Us" page.

Stevens-Taylor Authentication Team

Authentication & Appraisal Services

After doing this for many years privately and independently Jeff Stevens and Ted Taylor are now joining forces and making their services and matchless hobby experience available to collectors, dealers and auction houses.

Along with their associates they bring over 100 years of combined hobby experience to the marketplace - working with the Baseball Hall of Fame, sports museums, hobby retailers, card manufacturers, as Promoters of major hobby shows and events, creators of cards and memorabilia and hosts of autograph events - not to mention being avid collectors ourselves.

Let Jeff and Ted and our dedicated experts give you confidence in your item and the benefit of their many years of collecting experience.

And we do more than just tell you whether the signature on your baseball, photo or other item is any good. We can appraise your collection, we can verify a piece of equipment, we can help you procure one piece of memorabilia - or enough to decorate your den, office or even your restaurant!

Jeff Stevens - Longtime retail marketing exec with the Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, NY; Manager of Mickey's Place, Marketing Director of Cooperstown Bat, Retail Operations Director with Sports Legends at Camden Yards, host of countless star autograph signing events (public and private), creator of many highly coveted Hall of Fame and Cooperstown Bat memorabilia items, specialty marketer of hobby products, baseball "insider", and a lifelong collector.

Ted Taylor - Co-founder of the Philadelphia Baseball Card & Sports Memorabilia Shows, Founding President of the Philadelphia Athletics Historical Society, longtime hobby columnist on the Internet and with both The Philadelphia Daily News and Sports Collectors Digest, VP of hobby sales and marketing for Fleer during the 90's, author of two hobby books and hundreds of published articles, auction house authenticator, frequent "expert witness" in hobby legal cases and featured on HBO as an autograph expert and is a lifelong collector.

Satisfied appraisal customers include:

Ursinus College, The Montgomery County District Attorney's office, The Pennsylvania State Police, Cozen & O'Connor Law firm (the nations largest), Aetna Insurance, to name just a few.

We have handled celebrity signings for Willie Mays, Mike Schmidt, Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Ernie Banks, Bob Feller, Steve Carlton, Bobby Thomson, Robin Roberts and many, many more!

We'll provide embossed certificates and, if desired, a written analysis of the basis of our opinions. We also provide Notary services and can do "on site" verifications at hobby signings.

Our Services

No one can authenticate a signature 100% if they did not witness it and anyone who says otherwise is just not being forthright. They can give you their opinion and can base that opinion on experience and examples of other signatures.

Jeff Stevens and Ted Taylor have over 75 years of hobby experience - running shows, collecting autographs, designing collectibles, hosting signing sessions, etc.

What we give you is our best opinion.

We will VERIFY that a signature is/or is NOT authentic based on our experiences over the years.

We do not use machines. We do not use chemicals. We will not stick something on your prized memorabilia to let you know that we saw it.

We will provide OUR BEST opinions as to the legitimacy of your item/s and will provide a double- embossed document to that effect. (We will also keep a record of our findings on file.)

I have used their services and found STAT to be both competent and professional.

Thanks Sammy!!!!

sammy
08-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi,

You are very welcome.

If you decide to use their services, please let us know what you think.

Personally, I truly desire a few more authenticating companies in the field besides the ones that hold hands with eBay.

There should be more competition out there with better prices, service and more objectivity.

I also prefer actual abilities and expertise.

earlywynnfan
08-31-2006, 11:51 AM
I've never heard anything bad about these two, they seem to have a stand-up reputation, but I wonder about all the items they authenticate for Coach's Corner. Does anyone else?

Ken

candidwriter
01-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Actually, I have never heard anything good about them. Conflicts of interest, etc. Tell me, did Stat Authentic really authenticate that Derek Jeter/Alex Rodriguez (Lot Number 423) on the Coach's Corner auction site? That is an obvious fake.

buc
01-11-2009, 06:43 PM
They are Coaches Corner, not just the authenticators for them. I'll leave it at that.

sylbry
01-11-2009, 07:55 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKIE-ROBINSON-AUTO-USED-VINTAGE-BAT-STAT-AUTH-WOW_W0QQitemZ260343722146QQihZ016QQcategoryZ50125Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is what the letter says:

"Signatures - Jackie Robinson on barrel
Verification - There are no patently obvious defects and the autograph falls within the parameters of established exemplars. It is therefore our considered opinion that this item likely contains a valid signature and the weight of critical analysis and evidence in support of this conclusion would favor this as authentic"...

skip ahead

... "Stat Athentic LLC and its partners/employees does not guarantee the accruacy of our opinion"...

skip ahead

..."We have reviewed this item and the signature illustrates generally the overall known writing habits and characteristics of the signor."

So basically they are saying "well it looks close so it must be real but don't blame us if it isn't."

And then there is this Dizzy Dean signature.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Dizzy-Dean-Auto-Baseball-Stat-Authentic-COA_W0QQitemZ260344328991QQihZ016QQcategoryZ27260Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

buc
01-11-2009, 08:20 PM
That is the worse Dean I have ever seen.

buc
01-11-2009, 08:23 PM
And the Robinson bat will sell sooner rather than later because as soon as someone sends it to PSA Quick Opinion, it will be removed. Whether they are "holding hands" with ebay or not, at least they get it right.

buc
01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
One more thing about the Robinson bat. Even the seller knows it is fake. Look at all the other autographed items the seller has listed. They are all listed in some form or fashion in the autograph category. However, the Robinson bat is listed in Vintage Sports Memorabilia. Why? Because there is no direct link to PSA Quick Opinion unless it is in an autograph category.

dignitynrspct
05-20-2009, 12:15 PM
PsaDna, JSA, GAI and all the rest...NONE GUARANTEE if they say a signature is good that it is or if they say its no good that its not real. We recently received our 2nd piece back from PSA with a "questionable authenticity" notice for a fee of $125. Both items were signed in front of us. STAT, where they treated with all the courtesy you could ever expect to receive, passed them both, rightfully, at a cost of $25 per. The stranglehold thta PSA and ebay have on the hobby needs to end, we have found STAT to be a reliable alternative. Gary T

Capital-Sports
05-20-2009, 01:25 PM
STAT would authenticate a Ty Cobb autograph signed by my 5 year old niece......

Sammy, never knew you were a fan of theirs back in the day.

buc
05-20-2009, 01:43 PM
PsaDna, JSA, GAI and all the rest...NONE GUARANTEE if they say a signature is good that it is or if they say its no good that its not real. We recently received our 2nd piece back from PSA with a "questionable authenticity" notice for a fee of $125. Both items were signed in front of us. STAT, where they treated with all the courtesy you could ever expect to receive, passed them both, rightfully, at a cost of $25 per. The stranglehold thta PSA and ebay have on the hobby needs to end, we have found STAT to be a reliable alternative. Gary T

Glad to see they authenticated your autographs. They authenticated my 12 Josh Gibson's as well, but only after they went through the Morales Forensic examination.

Capital-Sports
05-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Glad to see they authenticated your autographs. They authenticated my 12 Josh Gibson's as well, but only after they went through the Morales Forensic examination.

:D :D :D

sammy
05-20-2009, 03:54 PM
When they started their company, they had some integrity and rejected forgeries.

Of course, what I stated was three years ago, and a lot has changed since then.

I wouldn't recommend this company now.

Lokee
05-20-2009, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TomTresh2&view=videos

Check out some of these youtube videos.

Stat = Coaches Corner

Coaches Corner Auctions........ I wish I had the freedon of speech up in here.

Just watch the videos especially the ones labelled STAT TED TAYLOR and Coaches Corner.

thedegu
05-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Oh yeah, they're very reliable. STAT reliably passes everything Coach hands them.

I have little love for PSA/JSA, but at least I can say they aren't glued at the hip to the single worst problem child in the hobby.