PDA

View Full Version : NFL Game-Worn Jerseys: QBs, RBs, WRs, etc. WANTED

RKO18
04-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Hey guys,

While I'm still open to the possibility of picking up a T.O. gamer if the price were right, I'd be happy to settle for a quality gamer of a lesser (but still impressive) player. Below is a rough list of shirts that I may be interested in.

Note: NFL Auctions, JO Sports, and Team-Letter jerseys are all a PLUS.

3,000+ yard QBs.
1,000+ yard RBs.
1,000+ yard WRs.

Former Pro Bowl selections.

And I'm always open to jerseys of players who are no longer on the team and/or were better known for playing their best football elsewhere (for example, Shaun Alexander in Washington).

I'm looking to spend in the $400-$600 range and would prefer to buy one jersey that I'd be really excited about as opposed to multiple jerseys.

If you think that you might have anything I'd be interested in, please feel welcome to email me at peytonmanningtribute@yahoo.com with details.

Thanks! :)

solarlottry
05-01-2011, 05:31 AM
Good luck finding a pro- bowl, possible HOF player with team letter for 400$! Even mediocre second tier players fetch that at NFL auctions although on the secondary market you may find their shirts cheaper. To think that you will find a game used pro- bowl 1000 yard receiver or RB for 400-600$ with team letter sounds like wishful thinking. Believe me I wish it wasn't but I think that you get what you pay for and quality cost $$$.

I am not saying it cannot be done. I once picked up a 1990 Roger Craig off eBay for 349$! It was game used with at least 15 repairs and autographed. These things pop up from someone who has not done their homework with regards to selling the item. Another lucky ebayer got both a home and an away 1996 Jerry Rice gamer in one auction a few years ago for around 2200$!!! The seller had NO IDEA of what he had and when he got 2200$ for both shirts he was elated. I spoke to him after he had sold them and told him he could have gotten 5X that for each shirt, as they came from an impeccable source! He was obviously bummed but also happy that he made money as the shirts were kind of a gift.

Good luck with your quest.

Paul

Always buying 49ers gamers and paying up to a 500$ finders fee for the right shirt!!!

RKO18
05-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Hey Paul, no offense taken as I hear where you're coming from.

I was basing my estimates on a few things, with a Brandon Marshall Miami gamer that just sold on NFL Auctions as the first thing that caught my eye.

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=151803686&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=152150396

While it does seem like an incredible deal IMO, it does show that there are deals to be had out there. I also recall a Marshall Denver gamer listed for $625 and a Shawne Merriman San Diego gamer listed for $625 from JO Sports during their 50% off Black Friday sale last year.

They're of course are probably the exceptions and not the rules, but I'm hopeful to fnd something interesting out there. Keep in mind that when I say Pro Bowl players, I'm not expecting Aaron Rodgers, AP, Andre Johnson, and players of that nature. I'm just hoping that it might be possible to get a good deal on a player who might not be Top-Tier today, but was once very good a while back.

It might take some searching; but instances like the auction linked above do illustrate that their might still be hope out there. :)

RKO18
05-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Thank you to all for your emails and support.

I was able to make a phenomenal purchase and as a result...I'm officially closing this wanted thread.

:)

Mattapan03
05-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Congrats. What were you able to land?

RKO18
05-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Shaun Alexander. :)