PDA

View Full Version : When to harass MiLB clubs for GU :) ?

Klattsy
04-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi All,

There are plenty of Aussie guys floating around various levels of the minors at the moment. I was wondering when I could expect to see GU gear appear on MiLB Auctions or online Team Stores?

Obviously jersey's won't be available until end of year, but thinks like caps, gloves, cleats, bats ect - do these get put on MiLB Auctions? Is it worth emailing all the clubs now?

Any advice would be great,

Thanks,
Mark.

shaunharr
04-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Most MiLB teams don't put anything but jerseys for auction. My home team (Rangers' AAA) has bats in the team store throughout the season. They put jerseys on eBay, and if they don't sell, they go to the team store. Last year the auctioned the 4th of July hats, and I purchased one at the store since it didn't sell.

shaunharr
04-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Also,
I asked Ryan Rowland-Smith if he had anything from Spring Training, or extra equipment with him when I saw him a week ago, and he told me they didn't give him much, and he didn't bring much either. He also said he burned all of his bats, but he was joking. Great guy

ncbadges
04-30-2011, 03:13 PM
We go to several Mudcats games each season and my son is usually a hit with the players. So far he's scored 2 bats in 2 games this year. Felex Perez and a HR bat from David Cook.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e50/ncbadges/PerezLeaton.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e50/ncbadges/cookSIGN.jpg

Klattsy
04-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Shaun, did you see RRS at an OKC game? I tried to get him on twitter but didn't get a reply.

ncbadges - lucky!

Some teams I am looking specifically for are New Britton, Fort Myers, San Antonion, Portland, Reading, Mississippi, Albuqerque, Leigh Valley, Toledo, Clearwater, Daytona, St Lucie, Lake County, Charlotte and in the Independent League - Somerset Patriots.

Thanks!
Mark.

HaMmEr532
05-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Hey daddy thats me!

frikativ54
05-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Hey daddy thats me!

Is that you in the pics? If so, that's really cool. How are you "a hit with the players"? Are there any secrets to getting the guys to give you game used?

Keep collecting!

-Frik

momen55
05-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Shaun, did you see RRS at an OKC game? I tried to get him on twitter but didn't get a reply.

ncbadges - lucky!

Some teams I am looking specifically for are New Britton, Fort Myers, San Antonion, Portland, Reading, Mississippi, Albuqerque, Leigh Valley, Toledo, Clearwater, Daytona, St Lucie, Lake County, Charlotte and in the Independent League - Somerset Patriots.

Thanks!
Mark.

what do you want from ft myers and st lucie?

Klattsy
05-05-2011, 06:09 PM
what do you want from ft myers and st lucie?

Fort Myers has James Beresford (#2, 2B) & Brad Tippett (#19, P) playing for them, St Lucie has Stefan Welch (#22, 1B)...

Do they have team shops where they sell bats during the season?

Mark.

shaunharr
05-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Ryan was in Round Rock when OKC came. Awesome guy!

ryant7
05-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Is that you in the pics? If so, that's really cool. How are you "a hit with the players"? Are there any secrets to getting the guys to give you game used?

Keep collecting!

-Frik

Hey frik when i was younger before i became a batboy i was at every louisville bats baseball game from opening day of the inaug. season till after i became a batboy and ultimately quit but while attending games i would always show up when the doors open you can usually catch the last part of the visiting teams batting practice, i always walked down the aisle to the edge of the dugout and looked in to see if any bats were cracked during bp... if i seen one i would ask the nearest player (learn your rosters) i always called them by there first name (more personal than calling them by the name on there jersey) and i always asked politely, in my "prime" i could get 2-3 bats a game.... also always stay for the game of course and pay attention when a bat breaks it is audibly different then a normal hit watch what player broke it i always went down to my same location at about the bottom of the 8th (depending on who was winning) and would sit on the front row and wait till the end of the game. I would catch the players coming off the field and walking into the tunnel at the end of the game try and catch the player as he is grabbing his bats, equip, etc.... normally they would just hand it up if the player that broke it wont usually another will (hence knowing your roster) once recieving the bat or 2 or 3 i would go out back wait for them to leave and get them signed. Of course after management seeing me at every game for 3 years it was easy to approach them for a job Mary Barney hired me with little more than a hey your here everyday might as well get paid for it i can tell you love the game kid. It will be hard at first depending on how shy you or in this case maybe your kid is but they will open up hell it made me who i am i dont have a problem approaching anyone for anything at this point in my life. Hope this helps you !!!!!!