PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Terrell Owens Game-Worn Jersey

RKO18
04-28-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm interested in possibly picking up a Terrell Owens gamer. Since I have a limited budget to work with, I'm not too picky as to which team it's from.

Since I imagine that a Cincy gamer might come with a higher price-tag, I'd be open to a Dallas or Buffalo gamer.

If anyone has any info, any ideas as to what a fair price would be, or has any jerseys available...please contact me at peytonmanningtribute@yahoo.com with details.

Thanks!

Mulligans
04-28-2011, 09:01 PM
http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=25106&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=100&category=39&seo=1997-Terrell-Owens-San-Francisco-49ers-Game-Used-Road-Jersey-(Unwashed)

RKO18
04-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the link. :)

What are your guys thoughts on this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dallas-Cowboys-Terrell-Owens-Game-Used-Jersey-/270741170246?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f096e6846

There doesn't appear to be any signs of game-use, so how can I tell if it was "Game-Worn" as opposed to "Game-Issued"?

Is the Prova tag a good sign (you cannot look them up anymore right)?

trsent
04-29-2011, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the link. :)

What are your guys thoughts on this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dallas-Cowboys-Terrell-Owens-Game-Used-Jersey-/270741170246?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f096e6846

There doesn't appear to be any signs of game-use, so how can I tell if it was "Game-Worn" as opposed to "Game-Issued"?

Is the Prova tag a good sign (you cannot look them up anymore right)?

If you do buy this, be sure the receipt from the Cowboys is included. It states game used on it, which is pretty cool. Unfortunately, I doubt anyone can determine game used or game issued with this jersey, but at least The Cowboys sold it directly as game used.

RKO18
04-29-2011, 01:53 AM
What confuses me is that the same receipt is shown in multiple auctions (the seller has other Dallas gamers), so I can't tell if the specific receipt is from the Owens purchase, or another purchase.

But if the receipt stated Terrell Owens Game-Worn jersey, that would certainly help.

short84
04-29-2011, 06:47 AM
Remember the Prova chip does not always mean game used. The chips were also attached to issued jerseys (I have some issued purchased from Steiner that have the chip). If this jersey was purchased this month during their big sale, it may very well have been issued. There were issued jerseys mixed in with used jerseys but all were sold as game used.

RKO18
04-29-2011, 07:24 PM
I looked through Getty Images and couldn't find a style-match for the sleeves.

If you take a close look, they appear to be shorter than other game-worn examples, and the images I've been able to find online.

Does anyone have an idea of what this jersey might be then (considering it does have Prova tagging, but the sleeves look shorter)?

dwolfe12345
04-29-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm no expert by any means but I would say issued. Most of the white gamers are very easy to tell once in hand if they were game used or issued. They feel totally different. I know that doesnt help much since you cant physically feel it until you buy it. But this jersey should at least have burns, tears, or stains. The blue numbers bleed alot as well. I personally bought 12 jerseys from this sale. I ended up with 11 used and 1 issued. Of course I didnt get any huge names either. Most of the gamers were not of the tops stars (Romo, Witten, Ware, etc.) With that said I know Jersey Dave got a game worn TO jersey from the sale. I would ask for pictures of the wear if I was you. It easily seen around the numbers on the jerseys as well.

RKO18
04-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Is jersey Dave the seller or a fellow board member?

Although I cannot see any obvious signs of wear in the eBay auction, I'm a bit more confused my the sleeves which appear shorter than what T.O. wore. Yet, it still has a Prova tag which would lead me to believe that it would at least be issued for Owens...no?

What would you guys consider to be the FMV for a legit T.O. Dallas or Buffalo gamer?

RKO18
04-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Might have a shot at an Owens gamer...but nothing definitive yet.

If for any reason I'm not able to work out that deal, do any board members own T.O. Dallas gamers with Steiner paperwork, or photo-matched examples from other teams?

Thanks again! :)

RKO18
05-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Didn't end up acquiring an Owens gamer but was able to purchase something else instead.

Thank you to all for your emails and support...but I am now going to have to officially close this wanted thread.

:)