PDA

View Full Version : Classic Auctions

kprst6
04-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Has anyone ever purchased an item from http://www.classicauctions.net/ ?

They are by far the worst auction company I have ever encountered.

I recently won a jersey that was shipped to me on 4/7/11. I was sent tracking etc and received the jersey (a $2,000 jersey) 4 days later. You might be thinking... why are you complaining if you received the jersey?

The reason I am complaining is that they "allegedly" decided to send the COA and photo-match separately even though the jersey was sent in a full size box that could easily fit a COA, LOA, photo-match etc!!! Its now been 21 days and I have still not received the COA and/or photo-match that would have easily fit in the box!!! The worst part about it all is the jersey is highly questionable and without the COA and photo-match, its pretty much worthless as it could easily be a retail model!!!

On top of all this, they literally sent the jersey to me with an insured value of $50.00 labeled as "1 Shirt". What if customs would have declared the "1 shirt" to be a fake borntrade.com knockoff and seized the jersey permanently?

It seems all too convenient that they sent the COA and photo-match separately, however they have no record of shipping it, no tracking, no delivery confirmation nothing.

I have heard horror stories about Classic Auctions and was wondering if anyone out there has similar stories?

gingi79
04-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Classic is doing something common with auction houses, they argue sending them separately protects you in case one is lost. Take that for what it is.

The $50 value was because if they listed it as $2000, you might incur fees upwards of hundreds of dollars for tariff or tax or customs. Some horror stories here:

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=021907

jppopma
04-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Gingi is right about the taxes and duty fees. That is often why anybody shipping to another country will list the item at a lower amount. Also listing the item as a shirt rather than a game worn jersey will help prevent Customs from seizing it as a fake. If they inspect it as a shirt and find a shirt, it's all good. If they inspect it as a gamer and do detailed comparisons...that is where they may seize it.

dirtyla2000
04-28-2011, 04:32 AM
Has anyone ever purchased an item from http://www.classicauctions.net/ ?

They are by far the worst auction company I have ever encountered.

I recently won a jersey that was shipped to me on 4/7/11. I was sent tracking etc and received the jersey (a $2,000 jersey) 4 days later. You might be thinking... why are you complaining if you received the jersey?

The reason I am complaining is that they "allegedly" decided to send the COA and photo-match separately even though the jersey was sent in a full size box that could easily fit a COA, LOA, photo-match etc!!! Its now been 21 days and I have still not received the COA and/or photo-match that would have easily fit in the box!!! The worst part about it all is the jersey is highly questionable and without the COA and photo-match, its pretty much worthless as it could easily be a retail model!!!

On top of all this, they literally sent the jersey to me with an insured value of $50.00 labeled as "1 Shirt". What if customs would have declared the "1 shirt" to be a fake borntrade.com knockoff and seized the jersey permanently?

It seems all too convenient that they sent the COA and photo-match separately, however they have no record of shipping it, no tracking, no delivery confirmation nothing.

I have heard horror stories about Classic Auctions and was wondering if anyone out there has similar stories?

Wow! I have bought from them, consigned with them and never had an issue! I find Marc and the boys to be real pros! The biggest hockey stars in the world have consigned there stuff to them! I'm sure your issues will be resolved!

Baseball83
04-28-2011, 11:04 AM
I bought from them and have been very pleased. They have great hockey items and are easy to deal with. Yes they did send my cert under separate cover and I called them for clarification. They were very helpful and I will continue to use them for hockey items!

cjw
04-28-2011, 07:02 PM
I have consigned items twice with no problems. The owner, Marc was jusg here in Vancouver last month and picked up some items for the spring auction- good guy. You should call him directly and ask for his clarification/assistance.

aeneas01
04-29-2011, 02:14 AM
solid operation imo, and marc's a great guy...

legaleagle92481
04-29-2011, 09:04 AM
shipping them seperately protects you. if the box gets stolen which is always a possibility, the thief does not have the coa and without that the item is much harder to resell. sometimes it takes time to get stuff. i bought a 4k jersey from another company last fall waited six weeks for coa.

sammy
04-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Sometimes they don't have the COA from the authenicator when the auction is over and they are waiting on it. That has happened to me.

http://www.amazon.com/b?%5Fencoding=UTF8&site-redirect=&node=256994011&tag=colmor-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

kprst6
04-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Update.

So I finally got the documentation 21 days after the allegedly sent it...

Now the bigger issue is that they LIED in their auction description.

What they sent me was a COA of a photo and a photo-reference, and the auction clearly stated:

"Comes with a comprehensive package of authenticating documents from the MeiGray Group including an image showing the conclusive photo-match"

What I got instead is a photo-reference as there is no conclusive photo-match or even a portion of the jersey that is photo-matchable and a COA that states the included photo is owned by Meigray. The "authenticating documents" COA from Meigray merely says the photo is owned by meigray and it shall not be copied. It doesn't authenticate the jersey and only authenticates the photo so people can't makes copies of it.

I also found out 25% of the auction description is 100% inaccurate.

Let's see what excuses they come up with this time!!!

gingi79
04-30-2011, 09:16 PM
I find Barry at MeiGray to be very approachable about things like this. I would suggest emailing him at Sales@Meigray.com with concerns.

I understand your concerns as if it's the player I think it is ( OP didn't mention who it was, so A butt fugly guy with a Mullet, yes?) then much like my favorite player, there is an ocean of fakes/knockoffs etc. I wouldn't touch his stuff without MeiGray's ok so I know where you are coming from.

As I said, email Barry and talk with him about your worries. Perhaps he can offer more background on it.

kprst6
05-02-2011, 03:43 PM
I find Barry at MeiGray to be very approachable about things like this. I would suggest emailing him at Sales@Meigray.com with concerns.

I understand your concerns as if it's the player I think it is ( OP didn't mention who it was, so A butt fugly guy with a Mullet, yes?) then much like my favorite player, there is an ocean of fakes/knockoffs etc. I wouldn't touch his stuff without MeiGray's ok so I know where you are coming from.

As I said, email Barry and talk with him about your worries. Perhaps he can offer more background on it.

Meigray is investigating this for me. Classic Auctions has not been helpful at all. What's funny is that it's not Meigray's fault for describing the jersey's COA as a conclusive photo-match, nor is it their fault that the auction description was inaccurate in other areas.

kprst6
05-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Another day, another headache.

Meigray said there are missing documents that should have been included with the jersey. These documents would have provided insight to the "conclusive photo-match". Classic Auction is stating they never had these documents and is asking the co-signer for additional information. Without these documents, Classic Auctions could have never said there was a "conclusive photo-match" so they basically did ZERO research on the item before adding it to their auction.

Classic Auctions is not to be trusted IMO. Attempting to return the jersey (which I should be allowed to by now) has become a complete waste of my time and possible a waste of even more of my money if I am required to ship this to Meigray for authentication etc.

All I want is proof of their "conclusive photo-match" and i'll happily keep the jersey. The fact that they can't provide this proof and are making me jump through hoops, makes you realize they didn't even research the jersey before attempting to sell it. It clearly states in their auction that if the item is not as described, I am entitled to a full refund, however they are trying to pull a missing document from out of their behinds.

All of this nonsense after paying the ridiculous hammer fee in which they did not earn since they did no research and falsely listed the jersey without having proper documentation.

cliffjmp33
05-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Is there anyway we could help you photomatch it? I understand you may not want to disclose your purchase, but i have found most members willing to help other members out in the past.

Sucks though about the entire ordeal you are going through.

kprst6
05-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Meigray themselves couldn't photo-match it.

BarryMeisel
05-03-2011, 08:06 PM
That's not accurate, Kprst6.

As Stu has already told you, we already photo-matched it.

And as Stu already told you, we are happy to take a second look at it at no charge to help eliminate your concern.

We understand that you might not be able to easily see the exact match in the photo print you have. And that is why Stu already told you that if you want to send us the jersey we will help identify the exact match for you and re-print the photo, if necessary. At no charge.

Let us know what you would like to do,

Barry

dirtyla2000
05-03-2011, 09:00 PM
That's not accurate, Kprst6.

As Stu has already told you, we already photo-matched it.

And as Stu already told you, we are happy to take a second look at it at no charge to help eliminate your concern.

We understand that you might not be able to easily see the exact match in the photo print you have. And that is why Stu already told you that if you want to send us the jersey we will help identify the exact match for you and re-print the photo, if necessary. At no charge.

Let us know what you would like to do,

Barry
As suspected, this dude Kprst6 is off base!

kprst6
05-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Stu said you photo-matched a jersey that should have had a COA with his signature. That is a fact. Fact #2 is he said there is no way he could authenticate it without pictures or having the jersey in person. I sent him pictures and he couldn't photo-match it or he hasn't responded to me. So yes, Meigray was unable to photo-match the jersey based off of what I sent Stu. The other poster asked me for pictures and I said Meigray couldn't photomatch the jersey as a response. That is a fact unless Stu has additional information. Its also off that the main COA that proves the authenticity of the jersey is missing and/or was never sent to classic. Only the cosigner knows where the COA is with Stu's signature. At this point, it doesn't feel like a coincidence that the main COA is missing that ties the jersey to the photo.

This really has nothing to do between me and Meigray. Classic Auctions sent me the original email the seller sent them and the seller even stated he couldn't find a photo-match in the photo.

There is no way I should be held accountable for paying shipping + insurance to send the jersey to you guys for re-authentication. Stu never mentioned this would not be the $100.00+ fee. HE said after looking at the scanned photos, we would proceed. The last email from him stated the COA Classic sent me was a registration only COA and the jersey COA was missing. He also said a Getty photo would never be included unless he found
a photo-match and zooming in on the digital photo would help. I sent him a response with 2 highly questionable areas that are distorted from shadows and from poor quality of the original digital photo.

Classic is talking to the cosigner to see if the have the COA, if I get the COA then the issue is resolved pending its a legitimate COA. If I don't get it, then Classic shoild have to pay Meigray for re-authentication since the jersey clearly isn't easily photo-matchable if it even photo-matchable at all.

If it can be reauthenticated at the cost of Classic, then the issue is resolved.

If it can't, then there is still an issue between Classic Auctions and I.

I only emailed Meigray because Classic took 4 days to ship the jersey, but 21 days to ship the COA. It all seemed too shady in my opinion. The fact that the jersey is highly questionable, has no clear photo-match as is stated in their auction, and doesn't have the primary COA, topped off with them getting the registration COA to me 21 days after I got the jersey, plus the fact the jersey was sent uninsured as a shirt marked as a gift, and since its from the Steve Latin era throws up a bunch of red flags. This could have easily been a Steve Latin game issued backdoor special and like most high end Penguins collectors, I won't buy vintage Pens jerseys without a photo-match.

For the price I paid, you can bet I want it to be legitimate, however it was also expensive enough to want a refund if its not as described.

kprst6
05-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Here are pictures of the jersey and alleged photo-match.

Again, with vintage Penguins jersey, you want a 100% conclusive photo-match. The only mark on the jersey in the front which is to the left of the "A", can be seen more clearly in this photo than in person.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20552308@N00/5685481327/sizes/l/in/photostream/
^Picture of the jersey

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20552308@N00/5686050246/sizes/l/in/photostream/
^Alleged conclusive photo-match

Maybe I'm wrong, however I do not see any conclusive matches. Yes, the flag looks approximately correct, however the jersey is wrinkled in the photo-match and cannot be defined as a conclusive match.

commando
05-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Look at how the jersey in the game photo has kind of a "ridge" where the yellow fabric in the shoulders meets the white fabric. Does your jersey have that?

The other thing I noticed is the "A" on the chest. The one in the game photo seems to have a wider, 'blockier' top. It may just be the camera angle, however.

Overall, the two jerseys looks very similar.

Neely8
05-04-2011, 01:17 AM
Is it me or does that jersey look clean as a whistle? Is there any wear on it?

kprst6
05-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Look at how the jersey in the game photo has kind of a "ridge" where the yellow fabric in the shoulders meets the white fabric. Does your jersey have that?

The other thing I noticed is the "A" on the chest. The one in the game photo seems to have a wider, 'blockier' top. It may just be the camera angle, however.

Overall, the two jerseys looks very similar.

Again, we are talking a vintage Penguins jersey from the Steve Latin area. Looking similar and a conclusive photo-match are 2 different stories. I have seen tons of Lemieux and Jagr jerseys that "look similar", but it doesn't mean its a photo-match.

kprst6
05-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Is it me or does that jersey look clean as a whistle? Is there any wear on it?

This is just one reason why I questioned it the second I opened the box. It honestly looks brand new with the exception of 1 microscopic mark on the front of the jersey, 2 marks on the back, and 1 small mark on the back rear of the jersey.

If you take the Meigray certificate out of the picture and Classic Auctions name off as being the seller and some random seller sent you this jersey, didn't include the COA, said it was a conclusive photo-match, sent you a registration only COA 3 weeks later, sent it marked as a $50.00 "Shirt" uninsured, and then the original seller can't point out the photo-match they described as being conclusive... I'm sure you would be asking the same questions I am.

Think about it. If the item (or any item) was listed as the following(and don't forget, vintage Jagr and Lemiuex stuff needs to be 100% conclusively photo-matched):

This is an authentic game worn jersey... The cosigner has informed us and stated that the jersey "comes with a Meigray photo LOA, but you can't really see a match on it. " (which is the email Classic Auctions forwarded me), so we can't really guarantee there is a photo-match since neither we nor the seller can find it, it's missing to original COA from Meigray, we added some details about Jagr from a prior season that has nothing to do with the 1998 season, and will send the jersey to you uninsured as a $50.00 "shirt". Oh and by the way, the registration certificate will come separately even though it would fit inside the box. You may or may not get this certificate.

If I would have known the jersey didn't come with the original COA and neither Classic Auctions nor the seller could find a conclusive photo-match, I would have never bid on the jersey. That itself is the main issue. You can't describe an item as having a "conclusive photo-match" if neither the consignee nor the auction house can give proof of the match.

BarryMeisel
05-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Kurt,

Almost all of what you say regarding Pens' jerseys from this era is 100% true. We agree with you.

What Stu and now I have been constantly trying to tell you is this:

We have photo-matched the jersey. We would not have sent this jersey with a photo, and registered it, unless we were 100% CERTAIN.

Like Stu has stated to you, WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO RE-PHOTO MATCH THE JERSEY FOR YOU. IN FACT, IF YOU ARE CONCERNED WITH THE COST OF SHIPPING, WE WILL PICK UP THE SHIPPING SO YOU ARE NOT OUT ONE PENNY.

And as I have already said, there is no authentication fee involved here since we already authenticated the jersey.

BUT WE NEED TO HAVE THE JERSEY HERE TO DO THE RE-PHOTO MATCHING. AND HERE IS WHY, something Stu already told you:

Sometimes, depending upon the quality of the photo and the digital reproduction, a conclusive photo-match in our office, using high quality monitors and a blowup of a photo, might not translate perfectly to a print.

Stu also mentioned to you that he would enhance and pinpoint the match for you in the photo LOA---ONCE WE GOT THE SHIRT BACK.

Happy to help, you just need to let us do the job we've offered at no cost to you.

Feel free to call me toll-free at 888-463-4472, or continue this conversation on this thread. Happy to handle it either way.

Finally, this jersey was registered as a 1998 NHL All-Star Skills Competition jersey. That is why you do not see any wear, and that is why the photo provided was one from the 1998 All-Star Skills Competition.

Regards, Barry

kprst6
05-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Barry,

I understand what you are saying, however my concerns have to do with the jersey not being photo-matchable. Yes I understand that you photo-matched a jersey (we can't be sure this is the same jersey unless a photo-match is found) at one point in time and the COA that Stu created would have that information on it.

When I send you the jersey (I'll meet you half way and I'm going to pay for the shipping to you guys, because I'm not trying to get something for nothing, but I think it's ridiculous that Meigray and I are out shipping & insurance costs over this), if the jersey isn't photo-matchable then what happens and who is responsible for the jersey Meigray or Classic? I really don't want to deal with both companies pointing the finger at the other company and/or at the consigner.

What if the only photo-matchable area is still questionable and not conclusive? I would say I still have a case with Classic Auctions since the original COA does not exist. I.E, it looks like this area and this area could possibly show proof of a match, but it's not conclusive. Am I required to keep the jersey now that it's certified as more of a photo-reference? If it's not a conclusive match, doesn't the value of the jersey decrease? I wouldn't have bid 1 penny if I knew the photo-match wasn't conclusive.

Shouldn't my initial email to them asking to pinpoint the photo-match location been answered a week ago if they verified it as being a conclusive match before posting it for sale? I would say yes because I paid over $300.00 in hammer fees for their guarantee. If Classic auctions themselves can't authenticate a conclusive match as was stated in their auction, they should have never listed it as being so. No where in the auction did it state that the jersey would need to be sent to Meigray for re-authentication because all parties involved did not know where the conclusive match can be found. If I would have known this information in advance, I wouldn't have bid on the jersey. If they would have contacted Meigray in advance, ironed out the photo-match questions since neither they nor the consigner could verify it, the issue would have never escalated to this point. I would still have complained about their ridiculous shipping procedure, however its shady that I got the COA 3 weeks after the jersey.

Other items in the auction were clearly incorrect and not at all researched by them such as the Steve Thomas 03/04 Red Wings Pre-Season jersey. http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=61&lotid=611

He played for the Blackhawks in 02/03 and started the 03/04 season on the Ducks. The Red Wings picked him up in the middle of the 03/04 season, so it is impossible for him to have played in the pre-season for the Wings when he played for the Ducks. Items like this show they did little do little to no research on the item and it took me all but 10 seconds to Google search this information.

Again, I'm not arguing against you, I'm arguing that this should have never happened in the first place. This thread is proving Meigray is reputable, respectable, and even willing to clean up other companies messes at no charge to the customer. In this day and age, you can't say that about many companies.

Thanks for the help and I hope this jersey can be re-authenticated because I want to keep it if proven to be authentic (which I have shown my doubts loud and clear).

BarryMeisel
05-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Hi Kurt,

Obviously I can't answer questions or hypotheticals posed in Classic's direction, and you've posed a lot of what ifs?

Let's go one step at a time ... once we get the jersey, we will work on satisfying your desire to have a conclusive photo-match.

If you are not satisfied once we do that, then you can discuss with Classic the next steps.

Regards,
Barry

commando
05-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Again, we are talking a vintage Penguins jersey from the Steve Latin area. Looking similar and a conclusive photo-match are 2 different stories. I have seen tons of Lemieux and Jagr jerseys that "look similar", but it doesn't mean its a photo-match.

Why don't you tell us how this jersey can be photo matched. According to you, it cannot because there is no noticeable wear to match up. Just get to the point and say you want your money back.

kprst6
05-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Why don't you tell us how this jersey can be photo matched. According to you, it cannot because there is no noticeable wear to match up. Just get to the point and say you want your money back.

I am not even sure what you mean? I can't tell you how the jersey could be photo-matched because in my opinion it can't.

Classic Auction won't issue me a refund because they are saying it can be photo-matched but they can't tell me how or where. Meigray is the one that's going to attempt to re-authenticate the photo-match to prove or disprove the jerseys authenticity.

commando
05-04-2011, 12:19 PM
I am not even sure what you mean? I can't tell you how the jersey could be photo-matched because in my opinion it can't.

Classic Auction won't issue me a refund because they are saying it can be photo-matched but they can't tell me how or where. Meigray is the one that's going to attempt to re-authenticate the photo-match to prove or disprove the jerseys authenticity.

I agree with you 100% that a style match is not a photo match. If the jersey you purchased shows no wear, and there are no "easy" clues like pinstripes or loose threads to match up, then I'm not sure if a true photo match is possible? I looked at your two photos very closely and could only find two possible areas of interest -- the color of the seams that separate the shoulder colors and the letter "A."

I hope this works out well for everyone. That is a very nice item, to say the least.

(Back to lurking.... over my head)

kprst6
05-04-2011, 12:29 PM
I agree with you 100% that a style match is not a photo match. If the jersey you purchased shows no wear, and there are no "easy" clues like pinstripes or loose threads to match up, then I'm not sure if a true photo match is possible? I looked at your two photos very closely and could only find two possible areas of interest -- the color of the seams that separate the shoulder colors and the letter "A."

I hope this works out well for everyone. That is a very nice item, to say the least.

(Back to lurking.... over my head)

Yeah, and the black portion of the "A" seems to be shifted to the right on the game photo. There is no ridge on the jersey I have, its just creased in the game photo. The neckline is the closest thing I have found to be an anti-photomatch. The left yellow portion of the neckline near the "V" is 1/4 inch higher than the right portion in the jersey I have. In the game photo, they seem to be pretty close to matching correctly, but then again, it could be the angle of the photo.

sungod661
05-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Well i usually stay out of these kind of things because ultimately i end up offending somebody with my humble opinion.

I have bought Many,Many ,Many things from classic because i live in montreal where they are based. I also have consigned in the past to them.

I have also owned a Brian Leetch 98 skills competition jersey. Which had minimal wear. I was lucky enough to photomatch it with some loose threads and the placement of the "c". Also after i sold the jersey i was able to re photo match it with a very small un repaired hole on the arm. Now that i have bored you with my personal experience dealing with a similar jersey, i want to give you my thoughts on your issue.

Classic did you a BIG favour declaring a 50$ value and the reason they send the coa separately is in case the box gets opened and customs sees a coa YOU WILL GET DRILLED WITH DUTY FEES. Trust me on this you have nothing to complain about the fact they declared 50$ value and sent you the coa separately. Also i think meigray has been very fair in offering to re photomatch the jersey for you.

Where i have to agree with you is that classic has unfortunately declined in quality control. In my humble opinion the operation has become very big with lots of money going through there. In the last auction alone there was 5 peices that were obviously not game worn jersey A chelios tbtc, a bossy islanders , a bobby clarke flyers ect....

Do they do this purposely ? i cant answer that and i really hope not. In your case i think classic mislead you clearly stating there was a photmatch and then failed to provide the photomatch. However i do believe the jersey can be photomatched.

One of the big problem in the hobby is the belief that a photomatch proves authenticity. Sorry but it doesent the most important thing to look for a jersey is wear and provenance. You have to do your homework when you are bidding on a shirt worth allegedly thousands of dollars.

ALWAYS DO YOUR HOMEWORK even when buying from reputable dealers sometimes they make mistakes sometimes they might "accidently" let a questionable jersey go through. I in no way blame you for what's going on but i think you did not get ripped off here you wanted a photo matched jagr jersey and in the end you will have a photomatched jagr jersey. I think it sucks classic wasn't clear in there auction.

One last note i have a few pens jersey and marker in the tag is exactly like a jagr jersey i own and also matches the 6's in my lemieux that is currently in the game worn auction.

Good luck my friend i am sure things will work out

kprst6
05-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Update:

Thank you Stu at Meigray for promptly providing evidence of the photo-match and working with me on this.

It looks like each individual match wasn't necessarily conclusive, however as a whole, it definitely makes solid evidence that its the same jersey.

The two area's that were most conclusive were the creased bottom portion of the Penguins logo and a black mark under the alternate captains "A" logo. It also looks like the meshing patter is the same, and the patch placement looks like its in the same location. All of these together make concrete evidence, but each one individually would make it questionable.

UPS did screw up royally. I watched the tracking status from work and noticed it was "delivered" even though a signature was required. I guess one of my neighbors was outside cutting their grass and signed for the pacakge without my permission. It was quite alarming to come home and see no package with an online status of "delivered". I called UPS and they informed me that "Neighbor" signed for the package. My neighbor across the street has a last name Neidler, so I assumed the UPS driver mistook "Neidler" as "Neighbor". Long story short, my Neighbors the Neidlers had my jersey without my authorization. This was exactly the reason why I was hesitant to send off the jersey in the first place because I knew UPS/USPS/FedEx screw up all the time.

Marc at Classic Auctions did offer me a shipping refund for my troubles shipping the jersey to Meigray, however he stated that a Canadian check might be a hassle etc. I pretty much gave up on dealing with Classic during the whole ordeal. When I paid Classic, I was forced to pay $20.00 for them to receive a wire transfer and $45.00 to send them a wire transfer for $65.00, yet to get a $16.00 check from them, it was just a hassle not worth discussing with them. After I finally said, don't worry about the $16.00 Meigray is taking care of me, I was offered $16.00 cash or money order but refused it (it should have just been offered to begin with) and I have not responded to subsequent emails from them.

It should also be noted that Meigray shipped the jersey back to me free of charge and it was re-authenticated free of charge. Thanks again Barry and Stu for the great service!!!

kprst6
05-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Classic auctions ended up sending me a $20.00 bill in the mail even though I didn't request it from them.

sammy
05-25-2011, 11:40 AM
These kind of problems are why I like buying on eBay and with auction companies that accept credit cards. If there is a problem of any kind, either the seller fixes it promptly, or I get my funds back promptly.

http://www.amazon.com/b?%5Fencoding=UTF8&site-redirect=&node=256994011&tag=colmor-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

sungod661
06-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Marc Juteau the owner of Classic auction is Really good guy and in all honesty if theres a problem he fixes it.

I emailed him a few of my concerns and he promptly replied. Classic auction is a very reputable dealer and like i said earlier i have spent many of thousands of dollars with them.

I would still do my home work no matter who the dealer is!!

Marc and the people at classic are terrific people to deal with and will usually resolve any issue!!

Lokee
06-11-2011, 02:13 AM
These kind of problems are why I like buying on eBay and with auction companies that accept credit cards. If there is a problem of any kind, either the seller fixes it promptly, or I get my funds back promptly.

I agree 100%. In my opinion it is pretty dodgy to not take credit cards if you are an auction house.