PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Astros 2005 World Series Bats

eGameUsed
08-28-2006, 09:57 AM
All, I am looking to acquire Louisville Slugger or Rawlings bats made for the 2005 World Series for Houston Astros Players. Looking for game used or issued bats, any players. Buying aggresively!

Thanks,

astros*bats
08-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Chris-

Did you pick up the lot that was on Lelands?

eGameUsed
08-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah AJ, I got that grouping. I have the info on how many the team received in Chicago and Houston, so was trying to track as many down as I could. That was a 1st for Houston, so I figured I had to go after them! I do own both Chris Burke ones now!

indyred
09-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Did most player's just get 2 bats made from Louisville Slugger, did any use them in games ?

astros*bats
09-08-2006, 12:20 PM
I know that Adam Everett, Chris Burke, and Morgan Ensberg used theirs in games. Maybe Chris can add a couple more to that list.

eGameUsed
09-08-2006, 12:47 PM
The only players I have confirmed used the WS bats in the games are Adam Everett, Chris Burke, Morgan Ensberg, Jason Lane, and Jeff Bagwell. Craig Biggio told me his did NOT use them. I have seen pitchers bats of Clemens and Pettitte, but Clemens never got an At Bat.

In terms of quantity, players received between 2 and 4 each.

Hope this helps!

skinner16
09-09-2006, 10:33 AM
That's interesting, Biggio told me he did use them.

Can you share the list of bats that were sent to the players?

skinner16
09-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Yeah AJ, I got that grouping. I have the info on how many the team received in Chicago and Houston, so was trying to track as many down as I could. That was a 1st for Houston, so I figured I had to go after them! I do own both Chris Burke ones now!

In this post you say you have the info but a later one says they received 2 or 4? Do you know or are you guessing?

eGameUsed
09-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Skinner,

Let me clarify, I know the total number of bats the Astros received from Louisville Slugger. However, I don't know the exact number players received. It was between 2 and 4 each though. I just found out last thatnks to member AJ that Charles Gipson received at least one WS Bat as he was given thge bat by Charles. I personally have handled many of these, used and unused and am trying to pinpoint who/how many were received. What I am finidn is that most players have no idea how many they received!

As for Biggio, I used to own his Game 3 bat he split (photo matched) and it was not a "2005 World Series" Bat. I also own 2 Biggio WS bats that show no use. One of the two Biggio bats is the one from the recent Leland's auction! Hope this clarification helps!

Thanks,

PK
09-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Chris, are the WS bats marked in any special way? If so, can you post a picture of the special markings? Have you come across any Vizcaino WS bats?

Thanks

eGameUsed
09-11-2006, 01:32 PM
PK,

I am not sure on Viz. Near the end of 2005, he started using dark rose Louisville Slugger M9s with gold labeling. I thought they might be WS bats but turned out to be regular bats with "Houston Astros" below his name.

I will post photos tonight of various WS bats from this past year. Again, I have a total number of bats received by the Astros, but no idea the breakdown by player or even who received them. The Astros received the bats in boxes that hold 12 bats, but were mixed dozens.

Thanks,

skinner16
09-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Can you post the Biggio photo of the "split" bat from game 3?

As I stated before he told me he used th WS bats.

eGameUsed
09-11-2006, 04:08 PM
As mentioned, I no longer own the bat, but I might have photos from my original sale. I will see if I do. If Biggio told you he used bats and he told me he did not, he either lied or didn't know. As an additional note, if you look at getty images, you will see photos of Biggio using bats that clearly have blue MLB ball marks on the barrel. During WS play, the baseballs do not have blue marks.

Additionally, the bat Biggio used in Game 1 definitely was not used for the first time. Since the WS bats were shipped directly to Chicago (and not Houston), it would be hard for a bat to have that much use if it was WS bat.

Thanks,

skinner16
09-16-2006, 01:46 PM
The blue MLB marks could be from Batting Practice. I'm sure he would not use a bat for the first time in the game.

Have you found the pics yet?

Are you selling any of the lot you got from Lelands?