PDA

View Full Version : Steelers game issue jersey

b.heagy
04-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Jersey is framed so I only have photo of the front. Is the tag in collar consistent with a team issue Steelers jersey from this era? Jersey is made of the highest quality.

Shipp_96
04-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Nice Jon Whitman (WE ARE...PENN STATE!) jersey!

The bottom tagging looks familiar with others I have seen from the time, but the Steelers let so little go, it would be tough for me personally to say. The fact there are no size-date tags sewn in behind/above the collar area does raise some concern, however.

But, if you got it signed in person, great pickup either way.

Lokee
04-23-2011, 03:32 PM
The tag in the collar is indication it is a retail store bought jersey. Nice display piece.

sox83cubs84
04-23-2011, 07:45 PM
The tag in the collar is indication it is a retail store bought jersey. Nice display piece.

My fellow forum member/patriot is correct. The collar tagging is that of a retail item.
If you've only got a small amount into it, it works as a display piece. If you paid a game used price, though, I'd seek a refund.

Dave Miedema

b.heagy
04-24-2011, 01:21 AM
Thanks guys. Attached is another. No year tag and nameplate extends to the shoulders. Again super high quality jersey.

sox83cubs84
04-24-2011, 07:38 PM
I have seen a few Nike jerseys with the year in a box tag inside the tail, near the Nike label on the outside. Is there anything like that present?

Dave Miedema

b.heagy
04-25-2011, 05:34 AM
No year tag. Only tag inside is the Made in Berlin WI USA Tag.

kprst6
04-25-2011, 02:30 PM
No offense, but those jerseys are more than likely not game issued. Both are look like retail jerseys and the black one looks like a knockoff in the pictures.

The white jersey has the wrong size tagging and it has mesh backing near the neckline. This should be the solid material and not the mesh material. Then again, there is no year associated with the jersey.

The black jersey's nameplate is a weird shiny kind of black like you see on knockoff jerseys. The arm's also look like they are a different material than the ones used on the field. Again, I could be wrong since there is no year associated with this jersey, however I couldn't find a black Steelers jersey that looks like the one in your photo.

b.heagy
04-25-2011, 04:22 PM
No offense, but those jerseys are more than likely not game issued. Both are look like retail jerseys and the black one looks like a knockoff in the pictures.

The white jersey has the wrong size tagging and it has mesh backing near the neckline. This should be the solid material and not the mesh material. Then again, there is no year associated with the jersey.

The black jersey's nameplate is a weird shiny kind of black like you see on knockoff jerseys. The arm's also look like they are a different material than the ones used on the field. Again, I could be wrong since there is no year associated with this jersey, however I couldn't find a black Steelers jersey that looks like the one in your photo.

I appreciate your response. No offense taken. The reason I question the jerseys is because they came from the player (gifted to a personal friend of his). I saw the red flags but wanted to be 100% certain of what they are.

NEFAN
04-26-2011, 02:11 PM
I recently found out I got burned on a "Game Used" Brady, back when I started to get into the GU hobby. It has all the right tagging, some wear but has cuffed sleeves. Brady did wear cuffed sleeve his rookie year (2000) but it was made by Adidas. Mine is a Reebok therefore a fake. Oh well, I learned my lesson and use this forum to check out any questions I have now.