PDA

View Full Version : Offering $100 paypal for anyone that can photomatch my Bama Helmet

bama0037
04-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Hello there, I have a 2008 Rolando McClain Alabama Helmet that shows quite a bit of use. However, I cannot seem to photomatch this particular helmet. I have Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, and a few others that I photmatched with no problem. I will paypal 100 dollars to anyone that can definitively photomatch the helmet. I will send you high resolution images of the helmet if you just email me at bamarules4life@yahoo.com
Thanks, John

skier14
04-22-2011, 01:59 AM
Could you send me some pictures of the helmet?
Thanks

gaytorhater703
04-22-2011, 10:15 AM
pics sent

djnos7
04-23-2011, 07:38 AM
send pics of the helmet, i might have found it?

gaytorhater703
04-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Here are some pics i found....what do you guys think....i know they are grainy when blown up...but i think you can clearly see the helmet mark....the fraying to start of the eye guard....and the white mark near the buttons.....the mark doesnt stand out as much b/c all helmets are buffed before each game....but you can still see where the mark was before it was buffed......the chinstrap is different and i have found multiple schutt pictures.....but every other pic i found that might not show a direct photomatch mark is clearly the same exact helmet style down to every detail....great helmet........would love to see others in your collection
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b308/GaytorHater703/helmetmatch.jpg

bama0037
04-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Hey gaytor, if you check out the pic of McClain I sent you it is MUCH larger than the image than you received in the email. You can zoom in without losing any detail and this was the 2009 A Day Spring game. In this instance you can clearly see the chinstrap that is now on my helmet, guessing he switched during spring drills. Plus if you look closely through the warning label in that pic you can see the mark that goes through at an angle. I have tons of images from the spring game and matched it right down the tiny WHITE paint transfer marks. I mean it is 100 percent my helmet. The helmet shows a lot of hit marks as well but I just couldn't find a match during the actual games. The image that you have ZOOMED in on, which game is that from? Thanks, John

Also it is customary for the Bama players to get their helmets in the Fall and play with them that entire season, then in the Spring they use the same helmet again from the previous season until the new ones arrive. That is the case with my Ingram, Julio Jones, and Javier Arenas. I matched them all during the prior season and then the following A Day Game. I have to assume that is the case with Rolando as well especially considering all the hit marks and paint located on the back of the helmet. It shows a ton of use and the inside is all nasty like he wore it for an extended period of time.

gaytorhater703
04-23-2011, 04:40 PM
here is another pic comparison.......look at the way the top and bottom of the 5 are at the same slight angle.....also look how the 5 and the 2 are positioned relative to each other from the top to the bottom....consistant in every way imo....maybe some jersey matching experts who look at lines and angles along with distances can chime in.....great helmet by the way!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b308/GaytorHater703/HelmetSticker5angle.jpg