PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE - Miguel Tejada Game Used Camouflage 2010 Padres Jersey

3arod13
04-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Seller had pics of the jersey and also of Miguel Tejada supposedly wearing the jersey in his auction. Also states THIS JERSEY obtained directly from the Padres.

I noticed issues with the flag on the sleeve, not matching up the same as in the picture in his auction.

I emailed the seller to advise them. They deleted the pics of Tejada wearing the jersey from their auction, and then continue to run the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300526803893&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

3arod13
04-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Luckily, I copied the pictures of Tejada wearing the jersey in their auction, before they deleted it.

Unbelieveable!

geoff
04-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks For The Heads Up.As I want A Padres Tejada Game Used Jersey At some Point And was looking At That Jersey A while back when It was First Listed.This Is why we All can Learn from This Forum And I Love It.
If AnyOne has A Real Tejada Padres Game Used Jersey Or Knows Of Any Please Email me. If you Want To move It.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

scootmagroot
04-20-2011, 08:06 PM
I can tell you that this jersey WAS obtained directly from the Padres, and I can tell you that he doesn't use the photos as a photomatch, but as a style match.

At the very least it is definitely issued.

kudu
04-20-2011, 08:40 PM
They wore these jerseys on Sunday Home games, so if Tejada wore the jersey that is in the auction, it could be possible to photomatch.

legaleagle92481
04-20-2011, 11:19 PM
I can tell you that this jersey WAS obtained directly from the Padres, and I can tell you that he doesn't use the photos as a photomatch, but as a style match.

Just curious how do you know where the jersey was obtained?

scootmagroot
04-21-2011, 01:33 AM
Just curious how do you know where the jersey was obtained?

I know him, and was there when he got it.

trsent
04-21-2011, 02:15 AM

Tony, any response to this? Did you check photos from Tejada from every Sunday home game to be sure there are issues?

3arod13
04-21-2011, 03:06 AM
Tony, any response to this? Did you check photos from Tejada from every Sunday home game to be sure there are issues?

The only issues I had, is what I posted. I never stated the jersey wasn't game used. Facts:

- Seller stated jersey as game used.
- Seller posted two pics of Tejada wearing jersey.
- I emailed seller the jersey didn't match jersey in photos he posted.
- Seller never responded. Only deleted pictures of Tejada wearing jersey.

In my opinion, if the seller had no intentions of misleading anyone, why only delete the photos after I contacted him? Why not respond to my email and simply state the facts that it was a photo posted to show he wore similar jerseys in games like the one he's selling? That's the right thing to do.

Sellers actions concerned me. Based on the sellers actions of not responding to my email and only deleting the photos, simply made me concerned and I posted the facts and said to BEWARE. Up to you to make your own call. By the seller simply just deleting the photos, and not maybe just making a statement, "jersey similiar to the one in the photos" concerned me, and I was sharing this info, as we all do.

Seller has more than 9700 feedback, and has been doing this for sometime now. By posting pics of Tejada, a simple statement of "similar like the jersey shown in the pic" would have been the right thing to do, than just show pics of him wearing a similar jersey and making collectors believe/assume it's the actual jersey. Not every collector has a good eye like GUU members.

Originally Posted by scootmagroot http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=247909#post247909)

scootmagroot, by your statements, seems you have knowledge seller doesn't use photos as photomatch. Not all of us know this about this seller. Also, it even concerns me more that you would state "at the very least it is definately issued." Yet, seller does state it as "game used." So I guess maybe my BEWARE is warranted.

I think ebay should make it a rule that if the pictures shown in auctions aren't of the acutual item for sale, a statement in the auction should reflect this.

trsent
04-21-2011, 03:25 AM
The only issues I had, is what I posted. I never stated the jersey wasn't game used. Facts:

- Seller stated jersey as game used.
- Seller posted two pics of Tejada wearing jersey.
- I emailed seller the jersey didn't match jersey in photos he posted.
- Seller never responded. Only deleted pictures of Tejada wearing jersey.

In my opinion, if the seller had no intentions of misleading anyone, why only delete the photos after I contacted him? Why not respond to my email and simply state the facts that it was a photo posted to show he wore similar jerseys in games like the one he's selling? That's the right thing to do.

Sellers actions concerned me. Based on the sellers actions of not responding to my email and only deleting the photos, simply made me concerned and I posted the facts and said to BEWARE. Up to you to make your own call. By the seller simply just deleting the photos, and not maybe just making a statement, "jersey similiar to the one in the photos" concerned me, and I was sharing this info, as we all do.

Seller has more than 9700 feedback, and has been doing this for sometime now. By posting pics of Tejada, a simple statement of "similar like the jersey shown in the pic" would have been the right thing to do, than just show pics of him wearing a similar jersey and making collectors believe/assume it's the actual jersey. Not every collector has a good eye like GUU members.

Originally Posted by scootmagroot http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=247909#post247909)

scootmagroot, by your statements, seems you have knowledge seller doesn't use photos as photomatch. Not all of us know this about this seller. Also, it even concerns me more that you would state "at the very least it is definately issued." Yet, seller does state it as "game used." So I guess maybe my BEWARE is warranted.

I think ebay should make it a rule that if the pictures shown in auctions aren't of the acutual item for sale, a statement in the auction should reflect this.

Tony, as always, great answer. You are 100% correct if the jersey is easily identifiable, the seller should mention the photo is a style match but they do not have to. Then again, something that dramatic, why would a seller want to scare away potential buyers without mentioning such a fact?

When you emailed them asking a question and they don't even give you the courtesy of a reply, that would bother me also. They saw your concerns, so they removed the picture from the listing so they should have replied something like their associate posted on the board here.

You are also correct with your concerns, if a jersey is being sold as game used, giving the explanation that it should be at least game issued is not acceptable. Especially for a multiple hundred dollar item.

kudu
04-21-2011, 11:41 AM
FYI, Tejada was traded from the Orioles to the Padres on July 29th 2010, so the only games he would have worn the jersey were 8/1, 8/29, 9/5, 9/12, and 9/26. I have not found any images of Tejada on 8/1, but have found pics from the other dates on AP Images and they all look like he is wearing the same jersey that is in the action photo they had in the auction. So it looks to be issued.