PDA

View Full Version : Hoosier Bats

gameon
04-15-2011, 11:31 AM
I thought I would share an interesting tidbit with all you members that I learned today. I just got back from a visit to the Hoosier Bat Co. (which is only a few miles from my house). I had a great conversation with the shop foreman. He informed me that MLB will no longer allow players to use the Hoosier bats that have their customary 3-rings on them during MLB games. He said they were just informed right AFTER spring training this year of this new ruling. He said someone complained that the 3-rings were an unfair marketing tool because the 3-rings can be easily indentified as a Hoosier bat at any angle. He said the players were allowed to use them during spring training and BP, but cannot use the 3-ring bats in the regular season games. MLB told them they were only allowed to put one ring onto the bats, but Hoosier felt like that might be an infringement on Rawlings bats. So they are looking at what they can do next. So if you see any GU Hoosier bats for sale that have the 3-rings on them from this year, they were either from spring training or BP(not used in an official game). He said Prince Fielder had ordered the no-ring bats and loves them.

MLB_Authentic
04-15-2011, 12:24 PM
This is the same reason they made Marucci quit burning the black rings on the end of their bats. So they are not easily identifiable by that means only.

momen55
04-15-2011, 12:59 PM
so rawlings should get rid of the ring as well. then they shouldn't be 2 toned either. make them all one color so noone knows what bats are what!! absolutely ridiculous. the people running mlb suck!

sox83cubs84
04-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Of course, many of us may remember that the granddaddy of 'em all were the 1989 LS bats with the huge upper case LOUISVILLE printed on the backs of the barrels.

Dave Miedema