PDA

View Full Version : Tigers tag inscriptions

sox83cubs84
04-14-2011, 07:20 PM
I've seen JS on Tigers gamer tags (initials of equipment manager Jim Schmakel). I've also sen the "G" notation (gamer). What does the "N" stand for?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqQOKo8E1qvCdOswBNnfIOILbg~~_3.JPG

The jersey tag is from a 2009 TBTC 1909 style Adam Everett.

Anyone have any ideas?

Dave Miedema

tigerdale
04-15-2011, 06:07 AM
The best I have come up w/ is 'new' or 'not worn'....I had asked Marc ( the authentics mgr) and he had guessed the same thing...

sox83cubs84
04-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Kinda what I was surmising, Dale...thanks for using your niche skills in Tigers gamers to clarify this.

Dave Miedema

russyurk
04-17-2011, 03:34 PM
You know what's interesting guys is that I have Ramon Santiago's uniform from this game and there is nothing on the tag but it is MLB authenticated & photo matched. I just checked the box score from that game and Adam Everett did play game so I'm wondering why they would be different? Is it possible that the Tigers had two sets made up for some (all) of the players?

tigerdale
04-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Yes, they did have at least 2 jerseys per player. If I remember right, it was played on the road in Pittsburgh (scary for me to go by MY memory!!). So most of the true gamers were auctioned & sold by the Pirates (so tigers equiptment mgr never touched them). As many teams do...a few of the gamers were sent to Detroit along w/ the extras. Also, on this game, I know there were more of the star players made up after the game w/ some of the blank back jerseys...these numbers were ironed on the back & never sewn on is one way to tell the difference.