PDA

View Full Version : Dave Grob email

karamaxjoe
04-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Is anyone getting strange emails from Dave Grob saying he was robbed in Scotland and needs money to get out of the country? I'm guessing someone hacked his email and is sending these scam requests.

Here's the email I received.

I'm writing this with tears in my eye, my family and I came down here to Scotland for a short vacation and got mugged at the park of the hotel we stayed, all our cash, credit card and Cell Phone were stolen off us at GUN POINT but luckily for us we still have our passports with us but don't have enough money to sort the bills so we can get out of here.

We've been to the embassy and the police here but they're not helping
issues at all and our return flight leaves soon but.we're having problems settling the hotel bills, and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills, I'm freaked out at the moment and wondering if you could help us with a quick loan, I promise I'll refund it once we get home. Please write me so i can send you the info on how you can get the money to me,so as to save me from the embarrassment of not being able to cover the bills.

Thanks
Dave..

b.heagy
04-14-2011, 09:43 AM
I got one too.

WadeInBmore
04-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Its a scam! Be aware.

This happened to a buddy of mine last summer, I called his house immediately to see if he was infact home, it was 7:05 in the morning, and HE answered the phone! He was greatful for the heads up. I was greatful that he and his family were alright.

While I haven't been in direct contact with Dave, I feel quite confident when I say that he is alright. Someone should reach out to him via phone as email is obviously a bad choice for communication.

wade

both-teams-played-hard
04-14-2011, 10:15 AM
I got the e-mail, also. Common scam. Not even a good one. Would LTC Grob use the words: "I'm freaking out right now."?

ironmanfan
04-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Kind of hard to believe that anyone would fall for these e-mails these days...

SkubeBats
04-14-2011, 11:45 AM
I also received this same eamail. Hope all this gets worked out for Dave.

sox83cubs84
04-14-2011, 02:43 PM
I got one on two different email accounts.

I'm no fan of Grob, but it sucks to see him the victim of potential identity theft.

BTW...I also got a different type of junk email that was purportedly (though I know not truly) sent by Clayton Lemmons. That one only showed up in one account.

Dave Miedema

MSpecht
04-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Confirmed with Dave that he is not in Scotland, was not robbed, etc etc---his AOL account got hacked but now all is apparently under control.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

jbsportstuff
04-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks Mike...I got the same Email from Dave Grob and the one from Clayton as well.

sox83cubs84
04-16-2011, 03:56 PM
I got one on two different email accounts.

I'm no fan of Grob, but it sucks to see him the victim of potential identity theft.

BTW...I also got a different type of junk email that was purportedly (though I know not truly) sent by Clayton Lemmons. That one only showed up in one account.

Dave Miedema

Make that 3 email accounts (out of 8).

At least the problem does seem to be under control.

DM

both-teams-played-hard
04-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Is anyone getting strange emails from Dave Grob saying he was robbed in Scotland and needs money to get out of the country? I'm guessing someone hacked his email and is sending these scam requests.

Here's the email I received.

I'm writing this with tears in my eye, my family and I came down here to Scotland for a short vacation and got mugged at the park of the hotel we stayed, all our cash, credit card and Cell Phone were stolen off us at GUN POINT but luckily for us we still have our passports with us but don't have enough money to sort the bills so we can get out of here.

We've been to the embassy and the police here but they're not helping
issues at all and our return flight leaves soon but.we're having problems settling the hotel bills, and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills, I'm freaked out at the moment and wondering if you could help us with a quick loan, I promise I'll refund it once we get home. Please write me so i can send you the info on how you can get the money to me,so as to save me from the embarrassment of not being able to cover the bills.

Thanks
Dave..
Jim Rome talked about this very same scam on his radio show yesterday.

"...with tears in my eyes...I'm freaked out at the moment.."

otismalibu
04-16-2011, 06:00 PM
I'd agreed to send money to Dave, but at the last minute I got an offer from a Nigerian prince to refund the loan PLUS 30%. A guy would be crazy not to take that action.

trsent
04-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Jim Rome talked about this very same scam on his radio show yesterday.

"...with tears in my eyes...I'm freaked out at the moment.."

Anyone know of Chris Grob the former tennis player/quarterback?