View Full Version : Charlie Sheen Autographed Memorabilia

gnishiyama
04-14-2011, 12:36 AM
What do you guys think? I have nothing against opportunism and
making a quick buck but I don't think the demographic of the people
who find Charlie Sheen's recent antics funny enough to buy his
stuff are the ones who can afford these absurd prices. At first
I found his antics disturbingly funny but now its just plain bizarre,
stupid and repetitive and many seem to agree since his tour is bombing. Love Wall Street, Platoon, Major League but going
to be hard to separate him and the character for a while.

Anyway...

$249 for a signed ball? Really?

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/player/Charlie_Sheen/

Here's the story that lead me to the site:

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/charlie-sheen-news-autograph-deal-with-sportsmemorabilia-com/

I wish bSportsmemorabilia.com well but I think the items
will be on clearance for $9.99 in a year or so. The real winners...
PSA/DNA for getting paid for doing the on-site authentication
and Charlie Sheen for continuing to bank on this. They are WINNING!

Goh Nishiyama

godwulf
04-14-2011, 08:41 AM
$249 seems a little steep for a performer of Sheen's paygrade, but I think a lot more people would have been willing to shell out some bucks for a Sheen-signed ball (especially with the "#99" inscription), just because 'Major League' was such a great Baseball movie, before he completely lost his mind. On the "star power" scale, Sheen has landed somewhere just south of where Anna Nicole Smith used to be. So, yeah, I think you're right - ten bucks is about what one of his signed baseballs is gonna be worth in a few years.

legaleagle92481
04-14-2011, 09:08 AM
i saw his show sunday. very funny. not many empty seats in the house and the place fits 6000 People. daryl strawberry was in the crowd. sheen is a very talented actor with some memorable roles. i dont think his stuff will ever sell for 10 bucks. the prices arent insane. celeb sigs go for alot as they are much tougher signers then athletes. celebrity authentics, a company who does contracted signings with celebs sells sigs of mickey rourke and the guy who plays thor in the new thor movie for similiar prices and neither is as accompolished as sheen.

sox83cubs84
04-14-2011, 02:46 PM
I hope he gets things worked out and comes back to Two and a Half Men...I doubt I'll watch the show if he's not on it. Oh, well, there's always the syndicated reruns on WGN...

Dave Miedema

WadeInBmore
04-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Dave...

Don't hold your breath brother. Some major bridges have been burnt, to the point where you can't just call out an entire studio and not feel the backlash. Besides that, due to his crazy behavior and personal life, I would bet that he became uninsurable or too high of an insurance risk to employee. When actors go MIA or disappear, the reprocussions echo throughout the production world for ALL members of the production team...when production stops, it costs the studio not only time, but money. Show Business...not Show Playtime. I would be surprised to see anything "new" with him it in the up coming couple of years (I hope that I am wrong as I am a Sheen fan).

wade

schubert1970
04-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Heard Charlie has a new show Two & Half Grams.

sox83cubs84
04-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Heard Charlie has a new show Two & Half Grams.

LMAO!!:p :p :p

Dave M.