PDA

View Full Version : Does MLB always list the signatures on authenticated team balls exactly as they are?

rangersfan1214
04-11-2011, 09:36 PM
I purchased a MLB authenticated Texas Rangers world series team autographed baseball and the ball appears to have only like 30 signatures on it when on MLB database it says 40 people people signed it. Does MLB always just put who signed the balls but if the ball fills up with autos then stop having it signed. Or are they always 100% exact? Thanks! The hologram number is FJ 199319

rangersfan1214
04-12-2011, 09:25 PM
For anyone lost on my last post I will re explain my problem. I purchased a baseball on eBay signed by the Rangers World Series team and staff and I have not recieved the baseball yet but the pictures dont even come close to the number of people the MLB database says it is signed by. Can anyone help me explain this? Or has this happened to anyone ever before with MLB baseball? The list on MLB's database is

Hologram number FJ199319 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under AUTOGRAPHED BASEBALL.
Session Product Description: WORLD SERIES LOGO BALL

Session Name: TEXAS RANGERS AUTHENTICATION
Session Date: October 24, 2010
Autographer: ALEXI OGANDO, ANDRES BLANCO, BENGIE MOLINA, C.J. WILSON, CHRIS DAVIS, CLAY RAPADA, CLIFF LEE, CLINT HURDLE, COLBY LEWIS, DARREN OLIVER, DAVE ANDERSON, DAVID MURPHY, DEREK HOLLAND, DUSTIN NIPPERT, ELVIS ANDRUS, ESTEBAN GERMAN, FRANK FRANCISCO, GARY PETTIS, IAN KINSLER, JACKIE MOORE, JEFF FRANCOEUR, JOHNNY NARRON, JORGE CANTU, JOSH HAMILTON, JULIO BORBON, MARK LOWE, MATT HARRISON, MATT TREANOR, MICHAEL KIRKMAN, MICHAEL YOUNG, MIKE MADDUX, MITCH MORELAND, NEFTALI FELIZ, NELSON CRUZ, RON WASHINGTON, SCOTT FELDMAN, TAYLOR TEAGARDEN, TOMMY HUNTER, VLADIMIR GUERRERO
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.

mlupo
04-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Call me crazy but we are missing pictures of the 4th panel where the authentication sticker probably is as well as the "sweet spot" on a regular baseball....thats like 25% of the area available for signatures, maybe a little more when you factor in the WS logo taking away signing space...that's probably where the rest of your autographs are

rangersfan1214
04-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Yes. You are right. I have attached photos of the sweet spot and last panel and still no Cruz, Feliz, or Andrus. But on the bright side, the ball is sweet!

gnishiyama
04-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Short answer to your question: no.
Don't know why it happens but I've handled several
World Series, All-Star team signed balls where the
players don't match those on the database. The
mistakes almost always seem to happen in signings
that take place during All-Star weekend and inside the locker room
and I can imagine how that can happen with so many
players moving around. In my experienceitems done during a
private signing are accurate.

Regardless my thought is it shouldn't happen at all and measures