PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez retired

DJaeger22
04-08-2011, 03:21 PM
News just broke during the Yankees Red Sox game that he retired

gucollector
04-08-2011, 03:34 PM
After another failed drug test! GOODBYE MANNY, Baseball will be so much cleaner without you... You will NOT be missed.

cubbs1232
04-08-2011, 03:36 PM
They are saying down here in tampa, its drug related.

schubert1970
04-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Just when you didn't think anyone could be as stupid as Palmeiro. This dud had zero chance at the HOF.

FREE BARRY BONDS!!!!! And Gerg Anderson too!

both-teams-played-hard
04-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Of all the players in the history of Major League Baseball, Manny is one of them.

gingi79
04-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Of all the players in the history of Major League Baseball, Manny is one of them.

+1 Very clever sir.

Manny retired rather than face 100 game suspension for a failed drug test. No mention of the substance.

You know, I told him to lay off the Sweet and Low! That damn Sacchirine

flaco1801
04-09-2011, 12:42 AM
Im too lazy to check but i'd like to know how much money he has collected in salaries over the years.... now do you really think he gives a rats azz about baseball....the joke is on us.....

earlywynnfan
04-09-2011, 04:54 AM
Doing quick math, if baseball-reference is correct, he made pretty much exactly $200 million. That's $200,000,000! He did lose out on another $2 million by not playing this year.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

xpress34
04-09-2011, 07:43 AM
After another failed drug test! GOODBYE MANNY, Baseball will be so much cleaner without you... You will NOT be missed.

+1 - Good Bye and Good Riddence

Jags Fan Dan
04-09-2011, 08:02 AM
It's just Manny being Manny.:D

jake33
04-09-2011, 09:15 AM
hey guys, will write more later.... but been in chicago for the rays series this week against the sox. On thursday at the team hotel, i saw maddon and a few front office guys, and something seemed odd. Lot of people on the cell phones. Joe usually a very nice guy seemed a little iratated which is out of character for him.

The next morning I heard of man-ram, and guess that explained a lot of tense faces from the rays yesterday.

However, on the other hand.... pretty much saw all the players and they were vey relaxed and upbeat.

platinum1
04-09-2011, 09:33 AM
hey guys, will write more later.... but been in chicago for the rays series this week against the sox. On thursday at the team hotel, i saw maddon and a few front office guys, and something seemed odd. Lot of people on the cell phones. Joe usually a very nice guy seemed a little iratated which is out of character for him.

The next morning I heard of man-ram, and guess that explained a lot of tense faces from the rays yesterday.

However, on the other hand.... pretty much saw all the players and they were vey relaxed and upbeat.
Jake I'll be at the Westin after todays game if you want to chat.
I'm looking to get Damons autograph

JMJ24
04-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Anybody looking to dump their Manny bats let me know. I'll always be a collector and a fan of Manny.

Jeremy

nationals2k9
04-09-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm not looking to "dump" anything but am in the process of moving and we can talk in a couple weeks if you want.... you've got my email.

Mike

MLB_Authentic
04-09-2011, 04:42 PM
This coming from a Giambi fan. Pot, meet kettle. :rolleyes:

xpress34
04-09-2011, 04:53 PM
This coming from a Giambi fan. Pot, meet kettle. :rolleyes:At least Giambi didn't do the old deny deny deny and then try to say he didn't know what he was taking.

Manny is a clubhouse cancer (most of his ex teammates report), he's crappy with the fans and if he couldn't hit HR's* (see Steroids) he wouldn't be playing Major League Ball because he can't field - or doesn't care about fielding - it's hard to tell when he's on the field.

Giambi has at least been a positive clubhouse guy - took his lumps when he was caught - still has a bat and can still field and is AWESOME with the fans.

Once I heard about Manny's little stunt @ BoSox ST a couple of years back (They had a tent with Make A Wish Foundation kids and every player EXCEPT Manny went through to see the kids - only time Manny ever put in extra effort for anything - so he could walk AROUND the tents and blow the kids off) I realized what a piece of crap he is.

Outside of Steroids, you can't even begin to compare the two.

Just my .02

Smitty

camarokids
04-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Anybody looking to dump their Manny bats let me know. I'll always be a collector and a fan of Manny.

Jeremy

I would be interested in a Rays bat of Manny's....

camarokids
04-09-2011, 09:12 PM

+1...:p

Why could they have not done this before the season starts? Now that Manny has had at least one official Major League at-bat as a Devil Ray, I will have to add the guy to my list.........:mad:

sammy
04-09-2011, 10:24 PM
It has already helped their slump.

Good riddence.

http://www.amazon.com/b?%5Fencoding=UTF8&site-redirect=&node=256994011&tag=colmor-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

kellsox
04-10-2011, 08:53 AM
The unique aspect of the Manny story is that after testing positive the first time, he wasn' t ever close to being the same player pre- failed test. He put together a couple of the greatest months the previous season in LA then couldn't hit the ball. In my opinion this puts the legitimacy of the majority of his career in question. He won't get into the HOF and prices will fall a bit...

legaleagle92481
04-10-2011, 01:12 PM
I think right now his HOF chances are about as good as mine. The question this raises is the legitmacy of his team's performances. By that I mean the Red Sox two titles, their run to the ALCS a few other times and the Dodgers big NLCS run after they added him. He was the star of all those teams and if his performance was dicated by chemicals one wonders if the Curse would still be intact and the whole Mannywood thing never would have happened.

cohibasmoker
04-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Im too lazy to check but i'd like to know how much money he has collected in salaries over the years.... now do you really think he gives a rats azz about baseball....the joke is on us.....

Basaball been berry, berry good to Manny. At the bottom of the page, you'll be able to view his Salaries.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/ramirma02.shtml

frikativ54
04-11-2011, 09:01 AM
I think right now his HOF chances are about as good as mine. The question this raises is the legitmacy of his team's performances. By that I mean the Red Sox two titles, their run to the ALCS a few other times and the Dodgers big NLCS run after they added him. He was the star of all those teams and if his performance was dicated by chemicals one wonders if the Curse would still be intact and the whole Mannywood thing never would have happened.

Assuming you mean "dictated," isn't it a pretty strong statement that PEDs controlled Manny's play? After all, you are assuming that he had no agency, and I think such an assumption is a mistake. There are plenty of players who took steroids but did not have MVP caliber seasons. For every Palmeiro in the Mitchell Report, there was also a David Segui. Thus, I hardly believe that steroids determine performance.