PDA

View Full Version : Jay Bruce and Drew Stubbs White 2011 Jerseys

dplettn
04-06-2011, 10:46 PM
The Reds today sold 2011 Game Used White Jerseys of Drew Stubbs and Jay Bruce. Who got them?

justinwc80
04-07-2011, 06:47 AM
How did they sell them?

rdeversole
04-07-2011, 02:56 PM
How do you know they sold those?

justinwc80
04-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Any info on these jerseys?

rdeversole
04-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Haven't heard anything. I think Dan wants them. The Jackie Robinson jerseys of both players were available Saturday but sold the same day.

justinwc80
04-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Did they sell them online or at the park? Are they ever going to post anything on the mlb.com auctions or am I missing where they sell them now? Thanks.

r_to_the_2nd@yahoo.com
04-20-2011, 11:40 PM
This is what I know about 2011 Cincinnati Reds game used items:

Prices are up, they have tiers for players now based on marketability and on the field success (thus the high prices for Chapman and Votto and increased prices for Bruce, Rolen, & Phillips)
They are going to be making more items available after each game
They are working on fixing the authentication process to try to put a more suitable product in collector's hands
On the Jackie Robinson Jerseys: They were made available just after the start of the Saturday game in the Pittsburgh series - Gomes, Bruce, & Stubbs were the first 3 sold. Bruce & Gomes in the first 15 minutes and Stubbs sold at the end of the game
If I find anything else out I will pass it on to you guys

r_to_the_2nd@yahoo.com
04-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Hey Dan,

Called the Reds about the jerseys and no one in the pro shop seems to know anything about these Bruce/Stubbs jerseys. Also, talked to a few regular collectors and nothing... can you help us out by sharing what you know about them? More info. would be helpful...?

dplettn
04-21-2011, 10:33 PM
It would be inappropriate to discuss them here. If somebody approaches you with them, get in touch with me and you'll know more.

plettner@fuse.net

justinwc80
04-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Why so cryptic. This shouldn't be a matter of national security.

jshortt
04-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Why so cryptic. This shouldn't be a matter of national security.

Hey Justin,

I know a little about the situation, and my guess is that he would prefer to not publicly trash anybody without knowing the all the facts. All I can say, and I'm sure I'll be backed up on this, is that the way things were handled as far as the Opening Day stuff was...ahem...shady, at best. With that said, I'm not sure anybody knows the whole story just yet. We seem to have reasonable educated guesses, though.

You've got my email, so hit me up if you'd like to hear what I know.

-Josh

dplettn
04-23-2011, 12:25 AM
Hey Dan,

Called the Reds about the jerseys and no one in the pro shop seems to know anything about these Bruce/Stubbs jerseys. Also, talked to a few regular collectors and nothing... can you help us out by sharing what you know about them? More info. would be helpful...?

Ronnie has helped me to understand that there is a benefit to the hobby of more information on this thread. Apparently there are some Reds collectors who are specifically wondering particularly why jerseys were sold so early in the season.

The Red’s are using game used merchandise to generate money for the Reds Community Fund. Pricing at the Pro Shop has Votto bats at $750, Bruce and Rolen at $500, etc. The Reds have been making an effort to create/add value. One such example was identifying (for at least premium players) what exact jerseys were worn on Opening Day. I know of the Drew Stubbs and Jay Bruce jerseys having been pulled for sale (unwashed) at the conclusion of the Opening Day game. These two had only one game of use but the Reds were fully aware of adequate demand for them. Both were rung up almost immediately when they reached the Pro Shop. At least one of those was resold, at a profit (eventually to me). I do not know of any other Opening Day game worn jerseys that were sold with only that one day’s use. It is my understanding that other Opening Day game worn jersey’s can be identified.

Do I know all things? No. While I would love to be personally involved with the Reds, I’m not. As a volunteer youth coach, I can very much identify with the organization’s interest to maximize revenue generated for the Community Fund.

I purchased the Jay Bruce jersey (resale) at a premium. With the Reds seeking to price all their game used merchandise to maximize the proceeds to the Community Fund, I may find myself in rare company as a resale buyer of a jersey. I’m confident I overpaid.

r_to_the_2nd@yahoo.com
04-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Weird; it all sounds shady at best like you say Josh. I called the pro shop and they acted as if the jerseys don't exist. I just talked to whoever answered the phone but still. Have they sold opening day jerseys in the past?

Sweet pick up Dan on getting the Bruce. Sadly, you had to overpay... I guess that's what demand does to jersey prices.