PDA

View Full Version : Russ Branyan GU Batting Gloves...

xpress34
04-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Even though Mother Nature canceled the 'rubber match' today between the D-Backs @ Rox, it was after BP and the Sunday Autograph Session...

I was able to get a pair of Batting Gloves from Russ Branyan and he signed one to my wife. To give a little background to this:

Opening Day we were sitting behind Home Plate and I was at the DBacks dugout talking to Matt Williams when Russ Branyan came over making a comment about a Lady Antebellum song (Country for those who don't know them) that was playing in Coors Field. I made mention to Russ that my wife is a huge Lady A fan and pointed her out - he looked over and waved to her...

So today, we are behind Home Plate for Autograph Sunday and when Russ walked by I mentioned Opening Day and Lady A and asked about a glove. When he got done with BP, he came right to me, asked my wife's name, opened his palm and wrote:

Cass - All My Best. Go "Lady A". Russell Branyan (Sig)

Then the rain and snow came... still made it a great day!

- Smitty

rays54
04-03-2011, 10:38 PM
A smile just came across my face. Good for you both.

frikativ54
04-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Great story. I'm not into country, but it sounds like it was a cool experience. I have a couple Branyan items that I picked up at M's Fanfest this winter, so I'm glad you've had a great experience with him.