PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Another Person Grab Something Right Infront Of You ???

Lokee
04-03-2011, 12:07 PM
I had this happen yesterday at a garage sale in Chehalis WA. They hold a massive garage sale 2 times a year and have it at the fair grounds. Lots of cool stuff including some a couple game worn jersey's a glove and a couple signed baseballs.

Anyways right in front of me I look up and see a guy holding a Jordan jersey :eek:. So i study it a little more and it hits me this is could possible be a Jordan All Star gamer. I look harder and the guy hands over some cash and walks away.

Last night I go look on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jordan-GAME-JERSEY-1996-ALL-STAR-GAME-Authentic-/170623535595?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b9f489eb

He also bought the gloves infront of me and I was actually going to buy the Hutch Ed Matthews but passed.

MLB_Authentic
04-03-2011, 12:26 PM
This tells me that you are going to have to start getting up a little earlier :D

But seriously, that sucks.

I had this happen yesterday at a garage sale in Chehalis WA. They hold a massive garage sale 2 times a year and have it at the fair grounds. Lots of cool stuff including some a couple game worn jersey's a glove and a couple signed baseballs.

Anyways right in front of me I look up and see a guy holding a Jordan jersey :eek:. So i study it a little more and it hits me this is could possible be a Jordan All Star gamer. I look harder and the guy hands over some cash and walks away.

Last night I go look on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jordan-GAME-JERSEY-1996-ALL-STAR-GAME-Authentic-/170623535595?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b9f489eb

He also bought the gloves infront of me and I was actually going to buy the Hutch Ed Matthews but passed.

Lokee
04-03-2011, 12:33 PM
This tells me that you are going to have to start getting up a little earlier :D

But seriously, that sucks.

He was behind me in line :( epic fail on my part.

legaleagle92481
04-03-2011, 01:06 PM
That stinks, alot of people are very aggressive ready to just grab everything from everyone else. Sometimes it bites them though. In this case they guy obviously made out well but last week in my State there was a 300 plus million dollar lotto drawing and a guy cut ahead of another guy in line both got quick picks, the guy who got cut ended up winning the jackpot. If the cutter had waited his turn it would have been him who won so his aggression cost him 300 million bucks.

sox83cubs84
04-03-2011, 07:23 PM
I had a fellow Ballhawk (mid-1990s) next to me as I serched a rack of jerseys at a White Sox garage sale when I unearthed a 1990 TBTC Lance Johnson jersey. He immediately grabbed it out of my hand and thanked me for finding it for him. I was too stunned at his grabbiness to respond, and later figure that it wasn't worth raising a stink about...those were the days when the Waveland Avenue guys treated me as one of them, unlike now where most of them think I'm the spawn of the devil. I got a Johnson jersey of a less in-demand style, and we both came out happy.

Dave Miedema

emann
04-03-2011, 07:59 PM
He was behind me in line :( epic fail on my part.

That sucks... If it lets you sleep a little easier at night, that jersey doesn't photomatch to the one worn in the game:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/72321210/National-Basketball-Association

The "23" on the front of the ebay one is over too far, really close to the stars, vs. the one in the above Getty pic from the game.

sox83cubs84
04-04-2011, 05:46 AM
I was on the good end of one of these instances, too. At a mid-1990s Cubs Tent Sale at Wrigley Field, there was a rack of minor league BP jerseys worn in spring training. Many were MLB Cubs BPs that were recycled with NOBs added.

A guy who collected jerseys and autographs...I got along with him, although most of the ballpark autograph chasers detested him...had a blue Cubs BP in hand, with 17 on the back as well as a minor leaguer's NOB. This one, rather than being a Majestic, was made by Russell...meaning it WAS a MLB hand-me-down and with the strip tag 1992 Cubs Russell BPs had in the collar. He stared at it for a minute, all the while with me silently hoping he puts it back on the rack. He does, and, in the space of a few seconds, I grab it, as the guy didn't know what he had, but I did.

Bottom line, I bought, for $25, a 1992 Cubs BP that was originally worn by Mark Grace!:D (I wish I still had the jersey:( ).

Dave Miedema