PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose Autograph Inscription Question

Chris78
03-31-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi, I am thinking about getting Pete Rose in a few weeks at an autograph signing. I wanted him to sign "Hit King 4256" on a baseball. Is this two inscriptions? I see on ebay that he signs it 4256 or Hit King. I did see one inscription on ebay that says "All Time Hit King" which I liked. I prefer to have 4256 mentioned in my inscription. Anybody have any insight on this matter?

Thanks,

Chris

Sportsislife
03-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Not sure on all companies but with a Steiner signing that is 2 different inscriptions and I would assume it would be the same for most.

cliffjmp33
03-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Maybe call the store handling the signing? At the very you get a direct answer, even if it may be the one you wouldn't prefer.

Chris78
03-31-2011, 04:25 PM
Now this is on the West Coast, but this company http://www.halloffamesports.com/ says Pete Rose is signing "4256" for free. I did email bcsports for the signing near Philly that I might attend.

Chris

trsent
03-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Hi, I am thinking about getting Pete Rose in a few weeks at an autograph signing. I wanted him to sign "Hit King 4256" on a baseball. Is this two inscriptions? I see on ebay that he signs it 4256 or Hit King. I did see one inscription on ebay that says "All Time Hit King" which I liked. I prefer to have 4256 mentioned in my inscription. Anybody have any insight on this matter?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris, I have worked with Pete Rose in the past and he is a nice guy. Write on a post-it note what you want him to write on it. What you are asking for should be one inscription only and no one should give you a hard time about it.

Chris78
03-31-2011, 05:51 PM
Chris, I have worked with Pete Rose in the past and he is a nice guy. Write on a post-it note what you want him to write on it. What you are asking for should be one inscription only and no one should give you a hard time about it.

Thanks!

Chris

jobathenut
04-01-2011, 05:17 AM
I just met mr rose for the first time last fall at a show here.And he was more than happy to sign whatever i wanted on the 16x20 photo i had him sign for me.He even asked what i wanted signed.And i was in such awe of meeting him in person, i just said sign whatever you like,just meeting you is all i wanted.And then he joked that he could have signed it johnny bench and i would'nt have known it.And i said yeah you are right.I told him it was a honor to meet him.And he said the honor was all mine.Very nice guy-By the way he did sign the photo pete rose and added #4192 inscription-As the photo i had was when he broke the record and he is tipping his cap to the crowd.....

cliffjmp33
04-01-2011, 10:06 AM
I was thinking the BC Sports around Philly, so my apologies for assuming. Have heard similar things about Pete signings, so hope all goes well.

A little off topic, but I did see this photo this morning and, um, I don't know the correct words to describe this picture of Pete at yesterday's Reds game.

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2011/03/pete-rose-will-make-you-jump-jump/pete-rose-opening-day

harpt
04-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I think he bought that coat at Marge Schott's estate sale.

Chris78
04-16-2011, 05:08 PM
I did get Pete Rose today at the show in King of Prussia. I wrote on a piece of paper "Hit King 4256" and Rose said that it means the same thing which do you want "Hit King" or "4256". I said how about "All Time Hit King" and he just signed it "Hit King" and handed it back to me.

The reason why I brought this up was that I remember reading somewhere where someone asked the same question and he would not sign it that way "Hit King 4256". I guess my memory was correct.

I am still happy that I got the signature, and did not know what to expect.

Chris

trsent
04-16-2011, 07:22 PM
I did get Pete Rose today at the show in King of Prussia. I wrote on a piece of paper "Hit King 4256" and Rose said that it means the same thing which do you want "Hit King" or "4256". I said how about "All Time Hit King" and he just signed it "Hit King" and handed it back to me.

The reason why I brought this up was that I remember reading somewhere where someone asked the same question and he would not sign it that way "Hit King 4256". I guess my memory was correct.

I am still happy that I got the signature, and did not know what to expect.

Chris

So he thinks the term "Hit King" and the term "4256" mean the same thing and won't sign both. He could have signed both in the time it took him to ask you which you wanted.

Sorry to hear you didn't get exactly what you wanted, but now you have an experience to remember.

rwoodsbats
04-16-2011, 07:48 PM

this signature was from two years ago in Vegas with Pete. He was more than pleasant to talk with and I didn't ask him to sign anything special he just started talking with me, excused himself to sign my photo and then continued to talk with me.

Sorry for the picture size haven't got the hang of this yet.

Take care

schubert1970
04-16-2011, 09:19 PM
A person in Vegas where Pete ususally signs told me he won't sign the apology ball or other inscriptions that may hurt his chances at the HOF. I asked for a corked inscription and he got a bit pissed. I think it just depends on his mood and maybe the amount of $$.

Speaking of his auto, I picked this up on ebay a few months ago. It's from picture day in 1963 and Pete couldn't sign the front of the photo with a ball point so he also signed the back.

georgia1011@yahoo.com
05-23-2011, 06:32 PM
The photo posted earlier of the hit king at the reds game may actually be the piano king Elton John

OaklandAsFan
05-23-2011, 09:12 PM
I saw Pete at the memorabilia store inside the Mirage a few weeks ago. I didn't pay for an autograph but I can tell you he was great and extremely pleasant. He joked around with my kids for a few minutes while waiting for other customers to show up.

My youngest son Trevor has now gotten to joke around with two amazing greats. Pete Rose and Frank Robinson (He met Frank during Arizona Fall League's Pat Tillman auction a few years ago and Frank spent about 15 minutes playing peek a boo with him it was pretty incredible to see Frank who is normally known for being grumpy to be playing peek a boo with a 3 year old)

Chris78
05-23-2011, 09:27 PM
I personally believe that if I would have had several things signed he probably would have done it. He was not mean to me, but it would have been nice to have it the way I wanted it. The price was too high for me for more than one.

Chris