PDA

View Full Version : Natsfest 2011

geoff
03-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Did They Sell Game Used Items There And did Anyone pick Up Anything If They did?

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

DJaeger22
03-31-2011, 03:27 PM
i saw about 6 or 7 bats of scrubs and some former players issued jerseys

LastingsMilledge85
03-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Anything of Lastings?

Chris78
03-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Also, how was it for autographs -- Jayson Werth, Ryan Zimmerman, etc.? I had car issues after hitting a pot hole Tuesday night so I could not make it.

Chris

Chris78
03-31-2011, 04:58 PM
From what I am reading online, this fanfest was a disaster...... http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110331&content_id=17220426&vkey=news_was&c_id=was#

How come the Nationals can't get this right? Maybe they need to attend the Orioles or Pirates fanfests to figure this out.

Chris

DJaeger22
03-31-2011, 05:20 PM
didnt see anything of milledge. autographs were terrible all around, the only bright spot and overall nice guy was storen who signed for a while in the rain on the field. strasburg just walked by all the fans without even a wave like he had better things to do. the "meet and greet" was a huge line just to shake hands with some of the players who stayed around. i saw a few people had bought grab bags that had a few locker room tags but they were gone in minutes

LastingsMilledge85
03-31-2011, 06:30 PM
From what I am reading online, this fanfest was a disaster...... http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110331&content_id=17220426&vkey=news_was&c_id=was#

How come the Nationals can't get this right? Maybe they need to attend the Orioles or Pirates fanfests to figure this out.

Chris

I've never been to Natsfest, but I've been to numerous Nationals games, and I was surprised reading the article regarding the fan experience at Natsfest. I've always considered the Nationals to be one of the fan friendliest of teams around. Seems like they have shifted directions and have also lost the real great guys in the game like Wil Nieves, Willie Harris, Josh Willingham and Adam Dunn. For some reason I feel like the Nationals are trying more and more to become the NL's version of the Yankees, without the winning of course.

Sportsislife
03-31-2011, 06:32 PM
It is my belief that storen just may be one of the coolest, most fun loving guys in the game. From your story and from what I saw when I attended the games over the fourth of July weekend where he was having a ball during bp snagging balls and fooling around with everyone standing in right field trying for balls. Great guy IMO wish they all were like him.

geoff
03-31-2011, 07:08 PM
I met Drew Storen At Camden Yards Last Year And He was A very Nice Guy.Signed Autographs And took Pics with Anyone That Asked him To.

OaklandAsFan
03-31-2011, 07:11 PM
Storen is really cool. I watched him during Arizona Fall League and he was great. He also readily shares is PS3 gamertag and is active on his twitter account as well. Really fan friendly guy.

DJaeger22
03-31-2011, 07:34 PM
my pen wasnt working because of the rain, he tried multiple times until a nice auto came out

Vintagedeputy
03-31-2011, 08:00 PM
How did I miss the fact that there was going to be a Natsfest?

I'm disappointed that they didnt do the caravan again. They really should do that each year.

I had been watching the Nats site and never saw Natsfest even mentioned.

Chris78
03-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Drew Storen was a great signer for me as well when I got him in the Arizona Fall League (Strasburg signed for me as well). As far as people signing for me in Washington, Adam Kennedy signed for me on a sweet spot last year. I have only recently been trying to get autographs at the Major League games.

I am just surprised by the comments being made about the experience at Natsfest. The idea of a fanfest is to be as friendly as you can and sometimes players will sign items that they may not normally sign otherwise (i.e. sweet spot, inscriptions, equipment, etc.).

Chris

Sincityson
04-03-2011, 03:32 AM
Did they have any 2011 Spring training jerseys for sale? If not, anyone know when they may be for sale in the future?

allstarsplus
04-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Did they have any 2011 Spring training jerseys for sale? If not, anyone know when they may be for sale in the future?

I just got a few of the big name guys. Call me quickly as most will be gone by the end of the day today/

Sincityson
04-03-2011, 11:30 PM
just sent an email..

I just got a few of the big name guys. Call me quickly as most will be gone by the end of the day today/