PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Lockerroom Memorabilia

gnishiyama
03-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Did I miss something? Are they still in business?
They're website link is dead.

Thanks,
Goh Nishiyama:confused:

Klattsy
03-30-2011, 01:18 AM
I went looking for them yesterday as well. Couldn't get the website working.

mlupo
04-01-2011, 02:38 AM
Same with me, I noticed it about a week ago, but I thought I was the only one.

DJaeger22
04-08-2011, 01:25 PM
anyone find anything out? i type it in on google and it doesnt even show as having a website

stitzerfse
04-08-2011, 04:57 PM
I tracked down their phone number from some of my records and it has been disconnected. I'm assuming the worst. Hopefully, Emil is OK, but at this rate it certainly goes beyond web re-design with a roll-out that bombed. I also checked MLB auction as they would list Locker Room as one of their 'brands' and the company is no longer listed there either.

64SHEA
04-09-2011, 07:31 PM
I sent in some items to MAB Celebrity Services to be signed by David Wright last year. I just received this email last week from them.

"The David Wright signing never occurred due to the fact that the company that represented Wright for his memorabilia was sold and the signing never occurred."

Don't know who bought them maybe someone can find out some more information.

allstarsplus
04-09-2011, 11:05 PM
I sent in some items to MAB Celebrity Services to be signed by David Wright last year. I just received this email last week from them.

"The David Wright signing never occurred due to the fact that the company that represented Wright for his memorabilia was sold and the signing never occurred."

Don't know who bought them maybe someone can find out some more information.

I forwarded this to Emil Bodenstein and I think there will be an announcement soon. Locker Room had a sizeable inventory with impeccable authenticity. We did a lot jointly and I will miss working with that entity led by Emil and his group as Emil truly is a class person.

chakes89
04-10-2011, 01:02 AM
I forwarded this to Emil Bodenstein and I think there will be an announcement soon. Locker Room had a sizeable inventory with impeccable authenticity. We did a lot jointly and I will miss working with that entity led by Emil and his group as Emil truly is a class person.
Sizable inventory due to insanely high, unrealistic prices

sammy
04-10-2011, 04:21 AM
Seems a lot of businesses have folded due to the prices they try to get.

http://www.amazon.com/b?%5Fencoding=UTF8&site-redirect=&node=256994011&tag=colmor-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

allstarsplus
04-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Seems a lot of businesses have folded due to the prices they try to get.

http://www.amazon.com/b?%5Fencoding=UTF8&site-redirect=&node=256994011&tag=colmor-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

They are not folding or having financial troubles so not sure why anyone is thinking that. I am sure you all will hear soon of Emil's new baseball venture.

To the question of prices, they had a sizeable group of clientele that were willing to pay for items of impeccable provenance and most items were MLB Authenticated with photos of the athletes holding their items. There is a cost of being a MLB Licensee which they were and a cost of real items.

I'm not trying to speak for Emil but you usually get what you pay for. There are still plenty of dealers that don't get items direct from the players or direct from the team and you don't know for sure if the item was game issued, game used, game used by another player or a good fake which is why when someone wanted a legit David Wright item they went to Locker Room.

NeonStatus
06-09-2011, 04:20 PM
So what happened with Locker Room memorabilia? I went to the website and was redirected to a jewelry website.

LastingsMilledge85
06-09-2011, 04:37 PM
They also had some interesting game used items. Wonder where those went, I was contemplating one of them.

nycpropain
06-12-2011, 09:46 AM
So they did fold we can assume? 3 months no update, last post on their facebook was 2010.