PDA

View Full Version : Caballosstuff EBay update

EurekaDave
03-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Since this was the subject of some discussion, I thought I would give you an update on this guy. I still think he is rock solid honest. I have been wrong before but I have bought four jerseys from him used in the Venezuelen Winter League and they are first rate. I am now photomatching them.

I would post photos of the stitching if i knew how to attach them to the website. Otherwise, if you are interested, I will e-mail them to you. Thanks.

Dave Silverbrand
das1721@att.net

nycpropain
03-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Since this was the subject of some discussion, I thought I would give you an update on this guy. I still think he is rock solid honest. I have been wrong before but I have bought four jerseys from him used in the Venezuelen Winter League and they are first rate. I am now photomatching them.

I would post photos of the stitching if i knew how to attach them to the website. Otherwise, if you are interested, I will e-mail them to you. Thanks.

Dave Silverbrand
das1721@att.net

No offence, but based on what? Because you bought 4 jerseys? The problem isnt him or his job but possibly them not being game used or possibly even being blanks with numbers stitched on. Once again the jersey I seen had NO game USE & WAS NEVER WASHED yet the number was washed several times to the point of fraying (yet the front of the jersey was immaculate with not a stitch out of place), and also falling off due to being stitched very poorly. How does every patch on the jersey remain new yet the number isn't?

Also his stories have had many holes in them, like the 6 jerseys per player story 2 home 2 away 2 alt. I have personally seen him sell more than that of one particular player, just so happens to be the one of the hottest players on the team, the one getting the most $.

If you feel comfortable thats cool maybe you got a good one, but others should proceed with caution for all the reasons I mentioned since it dont make sense.

H2R-JU10
03-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Dave, can you send me pics of the stitching on those jerseys? My email is hramirezh2r@yahoo.com ? Thanks

EurekaDave
03-18-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm seding photos of the Caballosstuff jersey stitching to anyone who asks. I am also sending examples of stitiching from the World Champion San Francisco Giants.

Interestingly, the Giants also use individual seamsters to attached the numbers--just as they do in Venezuela. That's the way they do it.

As for the high number of jerseys per player -- maybe they would have a more modest budget if we didn't buy so much of their Venezuelan oil.

Dave Silverbrand

nycpropain
03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
As for the high number of jerseys per player -- maybe they would have a more modest budget if we didn't buy so much of their Venezuelan oil.

Dave Silverbrand

So they dont have a budget for proper stitching or seamstress on the jersey I seen but they have enough to buy an abundance of one players jerseys for a tournament which only last few weeks? I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here Dave.

I now wish I took pictures to show you since I feel you dont understand how off this jersey was. It looked like the numbers where removed from a heavily worn jersey and then stitched on to this brand new off the hanger jersey. The wash tags on the collar where as new as you can get with zero signs of being washed. Yet the numbers where clearly washed (and faded) with fraying along the yellow outer stitch.

Is all your stitching one color on the number? cause the one I seen had around 6 different colors. It was as if the person ran out of the proper color and was using what ever was left over. It literally had 3 inches of purple then it would end like either it broke or they just ran out of that color and then another odd color would start. Then to top it off the thread wasn't secured with a knot or anything like any seamstress would use, it was an extremely amateur job making the number literally fall off from this.

EurekaDave
03-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Well, I think disagreement is fun. It's acutally good for the hobby. I'm sure I've got some real duds in my jersey collection.

I took pictures of both my Venezuelan jersey and my Giants jersey. Both had numbers sewn on by someone other than the manufacturer. What I am saying is that major league teams apparently use the same sewing process as the Venezuelan Winter League --although I'm not sure since I wasn't there.

I would be happy to check things out in person, though. Round-trip airfare to Caracas is about $1200 -- so if you want to contribute to my ticket fund, you are more than welcome.

EurekaDave
03-18-2011, 10:50 PM
By the way, is anyone selling jerseys bought from Caballosstuff? I might be interested.

das1721@att.net

nycpropain
03-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Well, I think disagreement is fun. It's acutally good for the hobby. I'm sure I've got some real duds in my jersey collection.

I took pictures of both my Venezuelan jersey and my Giants jersey. Both had numbers sewn on by someone other than the manufacturer. What I am saying is that major league teams apparently use the same sewing process as the Venezuelan Winter League --although I'm not sure since I wasn't there.

I would be happy to check things out in person, though. Round-trip airfare to Caracas is about $1200 -- so if you want to contribute to my ticket fund, you are more than welcome.

I understand what you are saying. But also consider it was clear the jersey I seen the numbers where stitched by a person who has never touched a sewing machine in their lives before. The stitches where never secured. I find it hard to imagine that Tim Lincecum is using a jersey that if you tug a number with the slightest pull the number will fall off the jersey from not being secured or knotted anywhere.

dougiedshow
03-19-2011, 09:00 AM
I will say he stands behind his jerseys. I had purchased a Montero jersey (ebay) from him. After seeing the number of "opinions" on here, I realized resale will be difficult. He refunded my money and the shipping, nearly a month later. I think that's the unfortunate part for him, if they are legit. I think members are sometimes too quick to chime in on authenticity of items they know little to nothing about. Either way, it's a buyers market right now for these jerseys... if they're the real deal, people are stealing them. Either way, his prices are down to Game Issued at best if not retail jersey prices. He sent me picture after picture of him and mlb stars and a quick search of his name shows his connections. Tough call, I got rid of mine, soley due to the market. I could not have asked for more professionalism and background from the seller.

EurekaDave
03-19-2011, 02:54 PM
To Dougieshow,

Thanks for your comments about Caballosstuff. You're correct that it is unfair to just a jersey without seeing it.

You're also right that it is a believer's bonanza.

I also think that debate is good if it doesn't get personal. And I have learned a great deal from people with whom I disagree. I still have an open mind about my jerseys, but I'm also a nut for latin baseball.

Dave Silverbrand

nycpropain
03-19-2011, 04:40 PM
I will say he stands behind his jerseys. I had purchased a Montero jersey (ebay) from him. After seeing the number of "opinions" on here, I realized resale will be difficult. He refunded my money and the shipping, nearly a month later. I think that's the unfortunate part for him, if they are legit. I think members are sometimes too quick to chime in on authenticity of items they know little to nothing about. Either way, it's a buyers market right now for these jerseys... if they're the real deal, people are stealing them. Either way, his prices are down to Game Issued at best if not retail jersey prices. He sent me picture after picture of him and mlb stars and a quick search of his name shows his connections. Tough call, I got rid of mine, soley due to the market. I could not have asked for more professionalism and background from the seller.

Oddly thats the same player we returned also. You know the player that they only made 6 of each yet had 7 for sale and tried to sell more to my friend. Meaning he had at least 8 now.

I am curious on how voicing a concern is "chiming in" I apologize that speaking about red flags interrupted your "resale" but I rather have people safe than sorry. And last time I check this is a message board and that was a topic speaking about the jerseys authenticity. But I guess we should turn a blind eye next time until you flip your jersey.

And how exactly do you know that I have no idea what I am talking about? Are you sure about this comment? While I may not be a name I do know what I am talking about, do you think a person just walked up to me on the streets cause it looked like I knew what I was talking about? Stop it.

I will no longer "chime in" when there are red flags, I apologize.

dougiedshow
03-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Sorry, I was painting with a broad brush there. You're right, I'm equally guilty in my post. To me, it isn't only about "flipping" the jersey, but I do like my collection to have a future resale value. The potential to get rid of my jersey down the road is less impacted by statements of forum members than it is the lack of documentation from the original "source". In my opinion, if this guy is the clubhouse manager and handles all jerseys for the club... they should come with a team letter. Clearly they don't and he did not send me a written LOA as he said he would. More red flags, as you point out. Hearing that he claimed there were 6 jerseys for each player was enough to turn me off. I still feel these jerseys fall in a specialty area that many of us (me) are not familiar with. If they are legit, the seller is really taking it in the shorts on the value. However, if they are real, he can also still get full value... by proving it. Sorry to offend.

EurekaDave
03-20-2011, 06:45 PM
One final thought on this Caballosstuff thing -- then I'll stop. The guy has just sent me many photos of him, Venezuelen players and -- most interestingly--a clubhouse lockerroom crammed with jerseys--more than I have seen in a US MLB clubhouse (SF Giants, for example).

Most important, he gives old equipment to impoverished kids there. I have his photos.

Bottomline, I met a really neat guy because I had faith in his product. I'll take that over a future HOFer jersey any game day.

Dave Silverbrand

dwolfe12345
03-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Dave,
Can you please send me a message to the following email addres dustin.wolfe@erac.com concerning the jerseys. I kind of got all of this mess started by asking about Attillio before I contacted him directly. I will say he is a spot on guy from my business dealings with him. If I got ripped off on the jerseys I just got ripped off. I think they are cool even if they are game issued. I will say that my Elvis Andrus jersey does have stains on the sleeve.

MUSEOVEN
03-29-2011, 08:17 AM
One final thought on this Caballosstuff thing -- then I'll stop. The guy has just sent me many photos of him, Venezuelen players and -- most interestingly--a clubhouse lockerroom crammed with jerseys--more than I have seen in a US MLB clubhouse (SF Giants, for example).

Most important, he gives old equipment to impoverished kids there. I have his photos.

Bottomline, I met a really neat guy because I had faith in his product. I'll take that over a future HOFer jersey any game day.

Dave Silverbrand
hello can you please send me some photos that attlio send to you? thanks
museoven@hotmail.com