PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan Autographed Shoe Value

AutographAddiction
03-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Hello everyone,

I am interested in the value of Michael Jordan (NON- game used/worn) autographed Jordans. Pairs of shoes -Retro Jordans and Limited Editions- signed by MJ himself.

If anyone has knowledge in the non-game used/worn shoes collecting, autographed Jordans, etc, please let me know. My email address is below.

Thank you.

nationals2k9
03-16-2011, 09:10 PM

therealaxis
03-16-2011, 09:12 PM
In my opinion $750-$1200

AutographAddiction
03-16-2011, 09:16 PM
:D:D:D

nycpropain
03-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Authenticated by?

legaleagle92481
03-16-2011, 11:45 PM
are they uda? are both shoes signed or just one?

MileHighFan
03-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Sole Collector runs a mail in program with UDA for shoes. They charge $1000 for Michael, and he only signs one of the shoes.

legaleagle92481
03-17-2011, 12:37 AM
Sole Collector runs a mail in program with UDA for shoes. They charge $1000 for Michael, and he only signs one of the shoes.

thats the usual custom with most athletes with anything that is paired they just sign one like with boxing gloves as well.

SWPY
03-17-2011, 11:37 AM
This is just my opinion and it is something to consider – I used to collect Air Jordans both original and retro. I used to own Air Jordan 1 – 22 (multiple colorway on each series). I decided to quit collecting and sold my collection when the Jordan 23 were released. The reason being that the Jordan Brand flooded the market with Retros on a monthly basis. Popular colorway will always be re-released. I just noticed that little over 5 years, they will re-release the same colorway. For example, Jordan 5 (black w/23 stitched) and Jordan 7 Cardinals will be re-retroed again in the near future and they were retroed not too long ago. In addition, do not expect the same quality on material and craftsmanship as the original or even the 1st generation retro. In general, the newer retros are very poorly made. At the end of the day, consumer will figure out what’s going on and once that happen (if not already), the value of the originals and retros will continue to decline. The strength of value is important to consider, especially if you are spending a lot of money on said item. If you are 100% certain that you want to keep the item for the rest of your life, then it doesn’t matter. But if you are like me, always in need to move something to improve your collection, then I would re-consider.

Basically, it is a similar scenario as to when Upper Deck flooded the market with Michael Jordan autographs cards. There were time when MJ’s autograph cards were on the 10k mark and now you can get a decent one for well under 1K. Pretty much, it is the most fundamental concepts of economics, supply and demand.

Anyhow, at this point, you are probably looking around 1K and under for most of the series and probably somewhere around 1K – 1.5K for Air Jordan 11.

Hope it helps!

AutographAddiction
03-17-2011, 03:12 PM
I should revise my post. Thank you for all the posts.

I am not looking to buy or sell. Only to educate myself. I am just trying to learn about non-game worn shoes collecting, especially Jordans and autographed Jordans. I am not looking to buy specifically.

Just any info you all have would be great.

MileHighFan
03-19-2011, 04:17 PM
I posted the Sole Collector information to hopefully help you gauge the value of your item, as you were rather vague with the specifics of the shoes.

I also found this wording somewhat confusing:

Pairs of shoes -Retro Jordans and Limited Editions- signed by MJ himself.Were the shoes themselves a "limited release" in retail shoe stores--or were only a limited amount of them signed?

The value really depends on the model, colourway, and if they're numbered by UDA.

AutographAddiction
03-19-2011, 11:58 PM
I posted the Sole Collector information to hopefully help you gauge the value of your item, as you were rather vague with the specifics of the shoes.

I also found this wording somewhat confusing:
Were the shoes themselves a "limited release" in retail shoe stores--or were only a limited amount of them signed?

The value really depends on the model, colourway, and if they're numbered by UDA.

Yeah, I was vague because I was just interested in any and all info on collecting Jordan shoes and Jordan autographs in general, as well. I hear a lot about the shoe collecting, but I am more of a game-worn guy.

But I had ran across some Jordan 13 retro's signed by MJ and it interested me to see what they might be worth- and to also just get some more info on collecting Jordans and what not. These in particular were straight from the Charlotte Bobcats as some giveaway contest of some sort.

In Charlotte, at the Bobcats team store(which MJ just bought out), they have midnight Jordan shoe releases it seems every month or two. These were a prize tied along with the Jordan 13 Retro Midnight Release.

Thanks.