PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning game used ebay auction!

notslip0602286
03-14-2011, 11:02 PM
does anyone know if this is a real game worn jersey? or does anyone have any input? thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250786030954&ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT

Mulligans
03-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Anything is possible, but for that price you better be sure that it was worn in a game. With the absence of a photo match how will you ever be able to prove it?

I have looked at Jerseys from this Company before and I'm not sure why they cannot offer better provenance? They guarantee it, but what the heck does that do for you?

I have seen quite a few Peyton Manning Jerseys and just about everyone of them comes with Authentication from Peyton's Foundation, Steiner or NFL Auctions.

IMO......"Buyer Beware".

legaleagle92481
03-15-2011, 10:13 AM
I agree with Jeff. Plus for 10k you could probably get two Peyton jerseys with better provenance. Mine is from Steiner matched to a specific game. I paid 5,500 on Ebay about a year ago.

notslip0602286
03-15-2011, 03:36 PM
good to know, thanks! I know it would be harder to prove a rookie jersey anyway, because of lack of pictures, and also since they played on turf then, i dont see many stains in the pics i do see

AutographAddiction
03-15-2011, 08:48 PM
[quote=Mulligans;243561]Anything is possible,

"Anything is Possible"....

Coming from the guy with KG in his picture:D

legaleagle92481
03-16-2011, 12:23 AM
good to know, thanks! I know it would be harder to prove a rookie jersey anyway, because of lack of pictures, and also since they played on turf then, i dont see many stains in the pics i do see

in addition to that, jerseys aren't cards i dont think there is that much of a premium for stuff worn in a rookie year. i know some will disagree but with a guy like manning unless its first jersey he ever wore one could argue that jerseys from his mvp or super bowl years deserve a bigger premium, remember his first year was his worst stats wise. i would rather have one from 06 than his rookie year. (I am not just touting my stuff either as mine is from 07). Even Steiner direct is several grand cheaper than that.

notslip0602286
03-16-2011, 02:39 AM
yea ive heard both. I think it'd be cool to have a rookie jersey, but i would definitely prefer his 06 season as well. If you ever want to sell yours let me know! I am meeting him this upcoming Saturday and am trying to find stuff for him to sign.