PDA

View Full Version : Trammmell jersey

ccmunner
03-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi,
I'm not real familiar with game used jerseys. If anybody has some insight to this Trammell jersey I would greatly appreciate it. Does anything not look right or does it seem like a legit game used jersey? Thanks for your help.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1989-Detroit-Tigers-Alan-Trammell-Game-Used-Road-Jersey-/130497220371?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item1e623d8f13

sox83cubs84
03-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Hi,
I'm not real familiar with game used jerseys. If anybody has some insight to this Trammell jersey I would greatly appreciate it. Does anything not look right or does it seem like a legit game used jersey? Thanks for your help.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1989-Detroit-Tigers-Alan-Trammell-Game-Used-Road-Jersey-/130497220371?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item1e623d8f13

The only thing not present is the inventory number the Tigers have used on game jerseys for roughly 30 years. There are a few instances in the late 1980s/early 90s where no inventory tag was added to a specific gamer, though that is unusual. The lack of inventory tag might be explainable by the alpha date code tag (BU), that points the manufacture of the jersey to June, 1989, after the season began.

Sizing is OK, the manufacturer is correct, and all other details look fine. If I had the dollars and wanted a Tram Tigers gamer, I would buy it.

Dave Miedema

ccmunner
03-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the info. Is there anything alarming about what looks to me like the T in Trammell being too far to the left?

mbrieve
03-15-2011, 08:10 AM
I am not getting involved with the bidding as I know this will be out of my reach soon. Two questions: Isn't size 40 a little on the small size for Trammell? Is the lack of the JS (Jim Schmankel) initials on the tag at all concerning?

Also, Kruk Cards is a member on this site and has offered to answer any questions about their items by e-mailing them at orders@krukcards.com They have had a bunch of vintage Tiger's jerseys lately. Maybe they can give more background about where they are getting them from???

sox83cubs84
03-15-2011, 05:18 PM
I am not getting involved with the bidding as I know this will be out of my reach soon. Two questions: Isn't size 40 a little on the small size for Trammell? Is the lack of the JS (Jim Schmankel) initials on the tag at all concerning?

Also, Kruk Cards is a member on this site and has offered to answer any questions about their items by e-mailing them at orders@krukcards.com They have had a bunch of vintage Tiger's jerseys lately. Maybe they can give more background about where they are getting them from???

The lack of a JS signoff would indicate that the jersey somehow got out without the team being aware or approving it...i.e., back in the day, someone may have taken a 5-finger discount. Size seems OK for the era, although with the revamp in sizing a couple of years later, it wouldn't be appropriate now.

Dave Miedema

mbrieve
03-23-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm a little surprised that this only went for $565.55. I wonder what happened as many of the other vintage Tiger jerseys that Kruk Cards has sold recently went for decent money (not that $565 isn't decent, but I expected it to go for more). Thoughts?