PDA

View Full Version : Any Junior (NAHL) Hockey Collectors? Value Help

MLB_Authentic
03-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I have a NAHL Team in my town, and they do jersey auctions on special event nights. They have, what I have been told is a pretty decent player who signed a letter to play for MercyHurst.

Would a game worn NAHL jersey from him hold any value? Just debating on whether or not to bid on the St. Patty Day jersey's

Your help is appreciated.

Copa
03-13-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm a big hockey collector, specifically minor and junior leagues...I've found that if a player is very popular, or has a lot of upside, you had better be ready to spend quite a bit to get the jersey (especially if it can be written off as a donation)...as far as re-sale value goes, specialty night jerseys and one-game wonders rarely retain their value as well as a regular season shirt, so if I was in your shoes, I would contact the team directly to see how they will be handling those jerseys and save your money. Hope this helps!

MLB_Authentic
03-13-2011, 09:08 PM
COPA- Have you heard of Nardo Nagtzaam?

Copa
03-14-2011, 07:42 AM
Sure have! He's having a great season...only thing that concerns me about his long-term potential is his age...being a '90 birth year, he's an older guy when it comes to junior hockey...couple that with him going to college instead of straight into the pro ranks, and he's going to be a 25 or 26-year-old by the time he's ready to play professionally...not to say others haven't excelled after getting a late start, but it's something he'll have to overcome.

As far as jerseys go, if you want one of his shirts, you should definitely try to get your hands on a regular season one...those green jerseys are SWEET!

MLB_Authentic
03-14-2011, 07:48 AM
I will definately have to try. Any others on the Blizzard of note?

I appreciate your help.

Copa
03-14-2011, 10:23 AM
The team's current goaltender, Jake Williams, looks to be pretty solid...he was invited to play in the NAHL Top Prospects tournament at the beginning of the season, and ranks in the Top 20 in most statistical categories...he's a big kid with a solid goaltending pedigree growing up in Quebec, so he's a guy to keep your eye on.

Also, there's a goalie that started the season with the Blizzard, Alex Fons, that is now with the Minnesota Golden Gophers...looks like he only played in five games (and had some pretty ugly numbers), but his jersey might be worth seeking out, simply because he's with such a high-profile college hockey team...he wore #30, so the jersey may have been recycled since he left.

Unfortunately, when it comes to buying hockey jerseys, star players and goalies are always the most popular, so you'll be paying a premium for either of those.

MLB_Authentic
03-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I went to my first game on Saturday and he looked to be pretty darn good. I will talk to them and see what I can find out. I really appreciate your help.

Copa
03-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Glad to help! If you end up with something, I'd love to see some pics!