PDA

View Full Version : NFL Auctions "Authentic Jersey" vs actual Game worn question

cugolfnut
03-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Can someone tell me the difference between the jerseys advertised and sold as authentic game jerseys on NFL Auctions vs the actual jerseys the players wear (game worn or game issued)...curious what the difference really is....

chd49er
03-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Authentic jerseys are the same as the players would wear but have no alterations, are not worn or game issued. The same as is sold in some retail stores.

Game issued are jerseys that the team owns and may have custimizations. They are the exact jersey the player would wear and with the players specifications for a game but for whatever reason did not wear it.

Game used / worn jerseys have been worn by the player either in a pre season or regular season game.

Hope this helps.

Clay
cdubois@carolina.rr.com
Buying all 1995 San Francisco 49er gamers and paying top dollar!

Mulligans
03-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Awesome Question.......In most cases Clay is absolutely right, but more often then not, the NFL Auction Jerseys Are "Hybrids" as they are closer to game issue than Authentic Retail. I have purchased and seen many that are cut just like the real deal....hemmed sleeves, elastic waistbands, pro tagging in the neck etc. etc. In all honesty, I don't even understand exactly what they are selling but it's certainly not what I see in the pro shops?

NFL auctions has sold authentic Chris Johnson jerseys that are real close to the real thing.

cugolfnut
03-14-2011, 09:03 AM
thanks for clearing this up for me guys, they NFL auctions jerseys do look great in the photos and are not what you would find in a sports store to wear to a game...I just wanted to get a better feel for what they were selling as it does look close to game issued jerseys.

frankneck
03-14-2011, 10:03 AM
This is just a guess on my part but I think NFL Auctions gets a bunch of blank game jerseys from teams and then just customizes them to whatever name/number they want. A lot of these jerseys that look like game issued are the wrong size or cut for a particular player. They aren't selling them as game issued so I don't have a problem with it but it does cause a little confusion and you'll see people try to sell these authentics as gamers. Here's an example for Jonathan Vilma, they sold one of his legit gamers with the pink captains patch, size 42, lineman cut sleeves.

https://inv.edeal.com/images/catalog4021/folder102600/img9534001.jpg

Then this jersey which was listed as authentic is a size 48 with skill cut sleeves.
http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog4021/folder105118/img9779695.jpg

cugolfnut
03-14-2011, 10:13 AM
great post...thanks Frank!