PDA

View Full Version : allstar jersey 2010

eric16841
03-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Jersey are not my area and its not a player im use to collecting i was wondering how many jersey these players are given for all star game? and what does an allstar jersey usually get valued at? Please advise thank you

TNTtoys
03-07-2011, 10:36 AM
What All-Star Game?? Baseball? Hockey? Basketball?

Please be more specific...

eric16841
03-07-2011, 03:14 PM
its the 2010 american league of the baseball allstar game. sorry i thought i put that in there

TNTtoys
03-07-2011, 03:26 PM
its the 2010 american league of the baseball allstar game. sorry i thought i put that in there

To the best of my knowledge, every player is given 3 of these warm-ups, and any of them may be worn during events of the All-Star Game week (Home Run Derby, Batting Practice, etc.) but not in the regular game (as the players wear their own team jersey with an All-Star patch attached). Normally these are authenticated by MLB, so you should be able to look up what jersey was worn during what event (some are not worn at all and are just autographed extras).

I believe that Hunt Auctions had many of the past years' All-Star game jerseys -- they also post 'prices realized' for past auction, so you'd be able to reference which players' jerseys sold for what price. Hope this helps.

eric16841
03-07-2011, 03:34 PM
thank you very much for your help i will look into those things. I appreciate all the help.

jppopma
03-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Be sure to look at what the MLB authentication says. There are some of these all star jerseys that are game used, and then others that are only signed. The signed jerseys are often sold and claimed to be game worn since they are practice jerseys only worn a couple of times with little wear. Just be careful.

Another point to look at is that the gamers are numerically sizes (ei 46, 48, etc) and the authentics are sized as large, XL, etc. Hope this helps.

sox83cubs84
03-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Another red flag to be aware of: 1989 Score Board Royals Bo Jackson jerseys that have had 1989 ASG patches added and are falsely described as Bo's 1989 ASG uniform.

Dave Miedema

eric16841
03-08-2011, 08:37 AM
thanks for the help the mlb authentication sayd
Session Name: 2010 ALL-STAR GAME WORKOUT DAY AND HOME RUN DERBY
Session Date: July 12, 2010
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: AL BATTING PRACTICE WORKOUT JERSEY

Thats saying it was just used during batting practice or batting practice and homerun derby?

TNTtoys
03-08-2011, 10:36 AM
thanks for the help the mlb authentication sayd
Session Name: 2010 ALL-STAR GAME WORKOUT DAY AND HOME RUN DERBY
Session Date: July 12, 2010
Autographer:
Additional Information: AL BATTING PRACTICE WORKOUT JERSEY

Thats saying it was just used during batting practice or batting practice and homerun derby?

With the MLB All-Star game having taken place on July 13th, this jersey is what the player wore the day before (and then it was collected & authenticated). The day before the All-Star game was just what the description reads -- the workout & Home Run Derby day. The jersey hence was not worn in batting practice before the All-Star game...

Metsfan808
03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I have the jersey that David Wright wore and it is marked as game used in the MLB Database:

Hologram number FJ177287 was located in the MLB Authentication
Database under GAME-USED JERSEY.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: 2010 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL ALL-STAR GAME
Session Date: July 13, 2010
Autographer:
Additional Information: DAVID WRIGHT

If that jersey is not descrived as game used it is one of the jerseys issued to the players that never left the lockerroom.

TNTtoys
03-08-2011, 01:36 PM
I have the jersey that David Wright wore and it is marked as game used in the MLB Database:

Hologram number FJ177287 was located in the MLB Authentication
Database under GAME-USED JERSEY.

Autographer:
Additional Information: DAVID WRIGHT

If that jersey is not descrived as game used it is one of the jerseys issued to the players that never left the lockerroom.

Carmelo,

That isn't completely correct. Your Wright jersey was worn on the All-Star Game day (likely in batting practice), and is marked as such...not up for debate at all.

The July 12th jersey; however... though not marked as "game used" was worn during the Home Run Derby and the other workouts. The description is correct by not stating "game used", but your statement that it never made it out of the locker room is not.

Nick

tilley72
03-08-2011, 02:01 PM
With the MLB All-Star game having taken place on July 13th, this jersey is what the player wore the day before (and then it was collected & authenticated). The day before the All-Star game was just what the description reads -- the workout & Home Run Derby day. The jersey hence was not worn in batting practice before the All-Star game...

I'm not 100% sure that you are correct with this. I believe that this jersey is the one that is just signed. The jerseys that are worn during the Home Run Derby and Warm Up Day, are the ones that are listed as "Game Used" in the database. I currently have the Corey Hart jersey that he used during the 2010 Home Run Derby. I had him sign the jersey a few months after the Home Run Derby, and when I had it signed, Corey confirmed that this was the shirt that he wore during the Home Run Derby and Warmup Day.

With that being said, I believe the players are issued two sets, one to be worn during the Home Run Derby/Workout Day, and the other, which is signed and auctioned off by Hunt Auctions in their annual Louisville Slugger Auction. The jerseys that Hunts obtains are in no way worn, they are just made up to the players exact specs and signed by the players. If there is a third set, it's a set that is likely just made up, but nothing is done with.

And in regards to the information provided in the MLB Authentication database, MLB Authenticators are usually very deliberate with what they put into the database. If the item they have was worn during either the warmup day or Home Run Derby, their would be a 99.99% chance they would list it either as "Game Used", "Team Issued", or something to that effect.

-Andrew

Fnazxc0114
03-09-2011, 10:19 PM
My hamilton jersey states game used. I believe there were three jerseys. One for the players personal collections, the one they wore which was authenticated, and a signed one.

harleighb
03-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Here is a thread discussing this same issue:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=38586&highlight=star

I've got Longoria's ASG BP jersey (purchased through the Highland Mint) which is registered in the MLB system as follows:

Hologram number FJ171214 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED JERSEY.

Autographer:
Additional Information: AL BATTING PRACTICE WORKOUT JERSEY #3 EVAN LONGORIA