PDA

View Full Version : Team USA Bat interest?

perlman9
03-04-2011, 07:54 PM
A few years ago I bought a lot from Hunt Auctions for a bunch of 2007 Team USA bats and one set of jerseys/gloves of Xavier Paul from the Collegiate team. A lot of 1st round guys on the squad, and was a impulse buy but was curious as to whether these actually have value? Bats are labeled who used them, but bats are not imprinted with names of players. Wasn't sure what to do with them and didn't know what the thought from collectors about these items are....

Thanks!
Jason

godwulf
03-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Did any of the players make it very far in pro ball? (You mentioned "first round guys", so I'm thinking, Yes?) The first thing I would do is check out the players' names at the Baseball Cube, and see what organizations they played for. There are team collectors, like myself, who will always be interested in Team USA items of players who were with their particular team in any capacity.

For example, a few years ago, I spent quite a lot (and I think it was a Hunt auction, too) on some g-w uniforms, helmets and caps of three former Diamondbacks prospects. (I had to bid crazy high on one guy's stuff...probably the least well known of the three, too. I figure his mother had to be bidding against me.) I've also purchased Team USA jerseys of Mark Reynolds, Max Scherzer, Mike Bacsik and Bill Murphy, largely because of those players' association with the DBacks organization.

As I recall, my Hunt auction items didn't come with any team letters or COAs...yours?

perlman9
03-05-2011, 07:35 AM
They didn't either, which for Hunt was a bummer. Probably same label on the bats you got. I know a lot of Ryan Flaherty, and Tommy Medica, Jordy Mercer, I believe Danny Espinosa and if I recall one Justin Smoak... The Team USA jerseys are neat from Xavier Paul with the USA logo, i believe I have a blue and white. There were also a few game balls in there I believe.

russyurk
03-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Even without a letter you can feel pretty confident on these Team USA items. Hunt is associated in some way with Upper Deck and when it came time for UD to dump their Team USA stuff this is how they did it. It hurts when time comes to sell it but if you plan to keep the stuff you should feel good about it.

perlman9
03-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Here are the names in the bunch of bats: Brett Wallace, Ryan Flaherty, Logan Forsythe, Tommy Medica, Jordy Mercer josh romanski and kyle buchanan and JP Ramirez from the Junior National team from 2007