PDA

View Full Version : Packer fan with the McMichael 94 Packer jersey...

jake33
03-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Interesting thing I heard the other day. I heard Mongo on a local radio show the other day, being supportive of the Bears. The radio host started joking with Mongo that he DID play for the PAckers too. Mongo, then joikingly said he basically "took" money from Green Bay since he was on his last legs and wanted to get paid still. Also, he went on to say that he never was a Packers supporter and won't autograph Packer items. I am not sure how accurate that was when he said that, but I find it interesting (if I remember correctly from a photo I saw on the forum) that his 1994 throwback game used jerseys reads the inscription with his autograph "Go PACKERS."

Jags Fan Dan
03-04-2011, 02:35 PM
But, he never said where the Packers should go!:D

sox83cubs84
03-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Interesting thing I heard the other day. I heard Mongo on a local radio show the other day, being supportive of the Bears. The radio host started joking with Mongo that he DID play for the PAckers too. Mongo, then joikingly said he basically "took" money from Green Bay since he was on his last legs and wanted to get paid still. Also, he went on to say that he never was a Packers supporter and won't autograph Packer items. I am not sure how accurate that was when he said that, but I find it interesting (if I remember correctly from a photo I saw on the forum) that his 1994 throwback game used jerseys reads the inscription with his autograph "Go PACKERS."

The anti-Packers talk is consistent with what he says on the radio here, as he sometimes appears on football-related shows and interviews for locally based shows on WMVP-AM (1000). He acts as if he wants to forget ever wearing green and gold.

Dave Miedema

helmets
03-05-2011, 09:22 AM
He acts as if he wants to forget ever wearing green and gold.

Dave Miedema

He and I have something in common...
I too would like to forget that he was ever a Packer.

Go Pack Go!

gwh11
03-05-2011, 04:52 PM

That's correct; I do have that jersey. Those were auctioned for charity after that season, and it is his legitimate auto.
McMichael was merely servicable for the Packers at that point; like the majority of players in that kind of a situation at the end of a career, I have no reason to doubt that money was his primary consideration.
-Guy

trsent
03-06-2011, 02:21 AM
That's funny. I had one of his game used jerseys about ten years ago that I sold on eBay that came from the team with a letter. I am pretty sure it was a basic white jersey. Didn't sell for much if I remember correctly. It wasn't autographed.

sox83cubs84
03-06-2011, 02:30 PM
That's correct; I do have that jersey. Those were auctioned for charity after that season, and it is his legitimate auto.
McMichael was merely servicable for the Packers at that point; like the majority of players in that kind of a situation at the end of a career, I have no reason to doubt that money was his primary consideration.
-Guy

It makes sense in this case...Mongo was either still a member of the Packers or was just let go. He signed it most likely before season's end, when he was still a Packer. Even if you're "stealing money" from a team you basically despise, it's kinda hard not to sign something of yours from that team while you're still there.

Dave Miedema