PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose Batting Uniform on Ebay

Krsoneus
02-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Just wanted to get opinions on the Pete Rose Batting Uniform up on ebay. I was considering bidding, because I thought any kind of Pete Rose uniform you can get for 1k -2k is worth consideration if it is a Managers uniform.
I dont know alot about Reds uniforms but I thought the pants looked nice, but when considering the jersey, all the lettering just looked a bit high on the shirt. The logo on the front looked high up, and "Rose" on the back looked real close to the collar. And the 4 looked like maybe a different font because on the baseball card the edge of the 4 and the 1 look more parallel and dont come together as close as the it appears on the jersey.
Now that being said, I have no idea what year these sports card pictures I am comparing it to are from and maybe I just havent seen any pictures from the correct year to compare, if anyone sees any photos that look similar to the front and back placement please post. But these are some of the photos I used for comparison.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1987-Pete-Rose-Reds-Game-Used-Jersey-Pants-More-COA-/310297944065?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f32e001

sox83cubs84
02-21-2011, 02:46 PM
I see your point on the NOB drop, but keep in mind, Rose sold memorabilia he wore and used in this time frame, so you'd need to gather multiple photos to be sure.

Also, the provenance is good...Paul Kinzer was a well-known and reputable dealer in that time frame, and did have inside connections with the Reds.

Finally, last time I looked, hiramman was a Forum member. If he sees this, maybe he can respond with more background information for you.

Dave Miedema

tacprc
02-21-2011, 04:24 PM
This uniform has been offered before on eBay, and at that time I took a close look at the jersey.

I can't remember all the discrepancies I noted then, but the front side of the collar does not match what I have seen in photos.