PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Rice jersey on Ebay..thoughts?

nickacs
02-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Can't find hardly any white Rice jerseys from the 92-93 era and especially ones from the back to try and photomatch.

Any opinions on this jersey if legit or not? Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jerry-Rice-Game-Used-Autographed-Jersey-/160549272442?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25617b7b7a

sox83cubs84
02-21-2011, 02:52 PM
The seller's pics leave a lot to the imagination and guesswork. I would ask for pictures of the front, tags (if any) and other detailed images and ask you to post them here so we can offer an informed opinion. As it is, the LOA photo is so fuzzy that I can't read who the issuer is.

Dave Miedema

solarlottry
02-21-2011, 11:06 PM
The seller emailed me an image of the front of the shirt plus of the LOA which was written by Lou Lampson for AMI. The image he sent was different than the one posted on ebay, which is unreadable. The problem with these shirts is that, as the first poster stated, they are hard to photo match. In the early 1990s they took way less images of games and even the game dvds suck for matching. we are spoiled by hi def and tons of getty images today. Personally and without any solid evidence i would avoid the shirt unless photomatched. There are tons of fake early 1990s Rice, young and Montana shirts out there. This one may be good for all i know but for 5K i would want a match.

Real Jerry rice shirts are not easy to find and when found are not cheap. I would think a real Rice with team paperwork, from a solid source would run over 10K (mine was more but was from a SB year-94 and had Broncos tape still on it). For me it is better to pay more for the real deal than wonder if your cheaper shirt is real.

Always buying 49ers gamers and paying top $$$$
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

nickacs
02-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys for your input.. Yea, for $5k, I better see more use and a 100% photomatch.. Then I'll buy it for that price :)

DeacDoug
02-22-2011, 05:30 PM
My recollection is that, during this period, Rice wore a different shirt every game and then sold them through Frankin Distributors which advertised in SCD every week. This shirt must be from 1994 because it has the NFL's 75th anniversary patch on it. Yet, Carmen's letter says it is from 1995. Could be a substitute jersey with a valid LOA.

solarlottry
02-22-2011, 07:14 PM
My recollection is that, during this period, Rice wore a different shirt every game and then sold them through Frankin Distributors which advertised in SCD every week. This shirt must be from 1994 because it has the NFL's 75th anniversary patch on it. Yet, Carmen's letter says it is from 1995. Could be a substitute jersey with a valid LOA.

I am not sure what you are referring to but this thread refers to a 1992 Jerry Rice shirt on ebay NOT the 2 shirts i posted. One is a 1994 with its own team letter which is not posted and the other is a 1995 with its own team letter which is posted.