PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan Game Used Jersey??

stbarton
02-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Does Anyone Have An Opinion On What Is The Most Reliable Letter Of Authenticity When It Comes To A Game-used Jordan Jersey. I Would Imagine A Letter From The Chicago Bulls Would Be The Best? Any Thoughts? Thanks Much!

nickacs
02-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Yes, for mid/late 90's Bulls jerseys the best is a letter from the CharitaBulls auction with raised trophy logos at the bottom. I've seen quite a few fake ones without the raised logo and also there's an Ebay user who made photocopies of the format of the CharitaBulls letters, but they are not signed by anyone from their Marketing dept. They HAVE to be signed, or else no good.

For any of the 2000+ Wizards jerseys, they should come with a letter directly from the Washington Sports & Entertainment group signed and dated and usually it's in conjunction with Upper Deck.

But above all, ANY jersey coming with the CharitaBulls letters can be bait/switched out (ie. Jersey isn't the one that actually came with the letter). Above all, do your research and for your reading pleasure, search on this forum for instances of fake MJ jersey's sold by auction houses and/or 3rd party sellers.

Good luck...

stbarton
02-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Thank you very much for the information-Very helpful! what do you think about the jordan jersey on the paragon auction, 1996-97?

nickacs
02-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Hard to say.. The specs and NOB look pretty good. However, I would say you should read this thread posted about that jersey a week or so ago:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=40968&highlight=jordan

In the above post link, there is another referenced GUU thread about the "recipient" of this jersey from the Bulls who was involved in some issues.

I wouldn't say I'm a MJ jersey "expert" by any means, but about 99% of the mid 90's+ I can spot right away the fakes in a heartbeat. The NOB "arch" is the biggest, dead giveaway. This jersey in the Paragon auction, like I said looks pretty good. As far as if this is the exact jersey that was auctioned by the CharitaBulls in 2006, who knows. There's no way to tell 100%.

The only other "issue" I find with these 97-98 home white jerseys is that there's been about 5-6 offered in recent years by auction houses with a simple Google search. A couple of them do come with Bulls LOA, but not the one offered by Paragon. I find this a little disturbing that there's been soooo many 97-98 home whites out there. Jordan only wore about a handful of jerseys in a single season, so seeing many out there scares me.

Again, research research research my friend... NO memorabilia item with ANY letter is 100% unless you yourself is in the locker room with MJ himself and he takes his jersey off and hands it to you after a game.. LOL.. may sound silly, but I'm serious! The CharitaBulls auctions is about the next best thing as they do keep old MJ jerseys and auction them yearly.

Good luck...