PDA

View Full Version : Store Model or Team Issued Bat ????

zybu_s
02-14-2011, 09:41 PM
I would appreciate opinions on this bat.

I bought it from Adirondack - Kaye Sports, Inc. (Kingston, NY) back in the 90s. I vaguely remember the ad they ran in SCD stating it was as close as one could get to the real thing.

I have it on eBay as a store model bat. Someone emailed and said it was team issued.

Thank you in advance,

Joe

sox83cubs84
02-14-2011, 10:01 PM
I would appreciate opinions on this bat.

I bought it from Adirondack - Kaye Sports, Inc. (Kingston, NY) back in the 90s. I vaguely remember the ad they ran in SCD stating it was as close as one could get to the real thing.

I have it on eBay as a store model bat. Someone emailed and said it was team issued.

Thank you in advance,

Joe

I'd want to see more pics before declaring it to be team-issued. I CAN state, though, that the text on the barrel as shown limits it to being a 1990 issue.

Dave Miedema

zybu_s
02-15-2011, 11:45 AM
I'd want to see more pics before declaring it to be team-issued. I CAN state, though, that the text on the barrel as shown limits it to being a 1990 issue.

Dave Miedema

Here you go, Dave. Thank you. If you need any moer or from any angle, let me know.

Joe

MSpecht
02-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi Joe---

In 1990, while there are approximately 115 34-inch black model T141 Rickey Henderson professional model bats shipped to him and documented in his H & B records, there were also approximately 764 promotional bats documented, of which approximately 696 were shipped to Anaconda-Kaye for their retail purposes.

Given the source, straight from Anaconda-Kaye, to call this a team-issued bat would be in error.... the more appropriate term would probably be a souvie / promo bat.

Good Luck.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

both-teams-played-hard
02-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Wouldn't a souvenir bat have a line under(or over) the 125?

SkubeBats
02-15-2011, 03:54 PM
LS bats with the line under the 125 or S on the knob are made for autograph signings at card shows.

zybu_s
02-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi Joe---

In 1990, while there are approximately 115 34-inch black model T141 Rickey Henderson professional model bats shipped to him and documented in his H & B records, there were also approximately 764 promotional bats documented, of which approximately 696 were shipped to Anaconda-Kaye for their retail purposes.

Given the source, straight from Anaconda-Kaye, to call this a team-issued bat would be in error.... the more appropriate term would probably be a souvie / promo bat.

Good Luck.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Thanks, Mike. I really appreciate your expertise. I'm going to amend my eBay description right now. Again, Thanks.