PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Martin Helmet

NEFAN
02-13-2011, 06:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380316346320&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Does not look like any Martin helmet he wore, the facemask and style (AIR) don't match any photos I can find. Any thoughts?

Shipp_96
02-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Not an expert by any means, but every single photo I viewed of Curtis in 1995 he is wearing this style helmet. In fact, every single picture of Martin I viewed as a Pat on Getty, he is wearing a Riddell helmet and never that facemask style, as you pointed out. Looks shady to me...

John in KY
02-17-2011, 03:27 PM
It's a Riddell shell that someone added an Air snubber to. Also Air/Schutt never had a contract with the NFL; only Riddell has ever had a contract with the NFL for the helmets (and of course players could wear any companies helmet but they have to hide the manufacturer's logo). Until that first contract with Riddell was signed back in the 1980s some teams hid all helmet manufacturer logos, some teams let all helmet manufacturer logos show.

Regardless this isn't a game used Curtis Martin helmet - it's probably a replica put together from some kind of game used helmet that was repainted to look like a Patriots helmet.