PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Bengals Pro Shop: Game-Issued/Worn Jerseys Question

RKO18
02-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Hey guys,

I'm hoping to get some feedback from collectors who have bought jerseys directly from the Cincinnati Bengals Pro Shop.

Right now, there are two jerseys that I am interested in purchasing.

I spoke to two people over the phone at the Pro Shop (one of them was the manager). I'm going to paraphrase what I was told the best I can (so keep in mind, this is not verbatim).

They are selling the jerseys that I am interested in as "Game Issued".

The players have the opportunity to (I believe he said) buy back their jerseys first; so they have first dibs so to speak. They then forward jerseys to the Pro Shop, some Game-Worn and washed and others simply Game-Issued. Because of this, they do not provide a certificate of authenticity and the jerseys are all sold as Game-Issued (I asked and they ring up at the register that way).

Since these jerseys are not available online and because I do not live anywhere near Cincinnati, I have not seen what they look like. Over the phone, they were very helpful in providing me every detail that I asked about: swatch-tags, skill-cuts, MIB tags, jersey customizations, etc.

So while I'm considering making this purchase, I wanted first to ask for the opinion of other collectors who may be more familiar with the Bengals Pro Shop and the jerseys that they sell.

dplettn
02-13-2011, 01:57 AM
Yup, and I'd be happy to help a fellow Bengals collector to the extent I can.

plettner@fuse.net