PDA

View Full Version : Ted Simmons GU Bat!!! Vintage!!!

shaunharr
02-11-2011, 10:42 PM
All,

For sale is the following game used bat:

Ted Simmons
Adirondack P302F
Big Stick Flame Treated
Name engraved
Wood chip on handle.

Looking for $155 shipped.
Paypal as gift only.

Thanks,
Shaun Harr
baseballismylifesmh@yahoo.com

SkubeBats
02-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Thats not a game used bat. The bat is a store model bat not a bat used by Ted.

shaunharr
02-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Are you serious?
How can you tell?

STLHAMMER32
02-11-2011, 11:01 PM
This bat just ended on ebay a few hours ago.....

shaunharr
02-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Yes it did. I was asked by the winner to put it on here.

SkubeBats
02-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Here's a picture of a real Ted Simmons game used Adirondack bat. Look his game bat has his signature and his store bats look like yours. Hope this information helps.

shaunharr
02-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Didn't know they sold Ted Simmons bats at store back in the day. I'll be sure to let the owner know. Thanks

ironmanfan
02-11-2011, 11:22 PM
obvious store/retail model bat......

mlbforeverhomer
02-12-2011, 10:38 AM
obvious store/retail model bat......

What he said....

platinum1
02-12-2011, 11:21 AM
WOW! Is funny how the bat just end it on Ebay and it was already for sale here.

shaunharr
02-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Like I said, this is not my bat. I was asked by the eBay buyer to put it on here. Geez, take a chill pill

nationals2k9
02-12-2011, 06:55 PM
What's the forum limit for chill pills?

Is it still $500?

I have a few but wanna make sure platinum's doctor said he can take them.

I can't speak for everyone else, but the idea of taking newly purchased ebay items and flipping them on here for someone else isn't exactly what I prefer to see being posted. I haven't inspected the pics of the bat but if it's indeed retail, that only adds fuel to the fire.

No one is attacking you, many are just trying to help out, but there are some people who have been here a while that will say some things some times. Interpret that how you want. All of this is really just an attempt to clean things up some I think. I personally am beginning to cringe when people turn the boards into some sort of price guide and openly talk about what things are worth, what can I get for this and that, etc... and I'm not talking about the market for certain stuff, but more like using the collective knowledge here to turn away and spin a quick deal.

Anyway, I'm done rambling once again!

The End.

platinum1
02-12-2011, 07:46 PM
What's the forum limit for chill pills?

Is it still $500?

I have a few but wanna make sure platinum's doctor said he can take them.

I can't speak for everyone else, but the idea of taking newly purchased ebay items and flipping them on here for someone else isn't exactly what I prefer to see being posted. I haven't inspected the pics of the bat but if it's indeed retail, that only adds fuel to the fire.

No one is attacking you, many are just trying to help out, but there are some people who have been here a while that will say some things some times. Interpret that how you want. All of this is really just an attempt to clean things up some I think. I personally am beginning to cringe when people turn the boards into some sort of price guide and openly talk about what things are worth, what can I get for this and that, etc... and I'm not talking about the market for certain stuff, but more like using the collective knowledge here to turn away and spin a quick deal.

Anyway, I'm done rambling once again!

The End.
http://fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us/~WGP8927/S146A5CE7.0/Clapping%20Smiley%20Left.gif (http://fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us/~WGP8927/S146A5CE7.0/Clapping%20Smiley%20Left.gif)

STLHAMMER32
02-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Besides obviously not looking the best trying to flip an item on here for 5x what it just sold for on ebay just prior to this listing(like nationals2k9 says and if its retail that looks even worse) but this could become even more problematic if something goes wrong getting the bat from the initial transaction...the seller may change his mind, the bat could get lost or stolen, the bat could come damaged and not as you have pictured it. These are all possibilities that arise from time to time. Just something to think about....

SkubeBats
02-12-2011, 09:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone has a GU Ted Simmons bat for sale?

ironmanfan
02-13-2011, 08:40 AM
I was wondering if anyone has a GU Ted Simmons bat for sale?

one just sold for $20.50 on eBay the other night

:D

MSpecht
02-13-2011, 01:17 PM
To clarify one of the points about this specific bat:

"The model number stamped inside the center brand label is different on Adorondack store bats than on Adirondack professional bats. Adorondack pro bats made from 1946 through 1983 have a model number 302 either to the immediate right or in the center brand label. All 1984 through 1989 pro Rawlings / Adirondack bats should have a P302 either inside or near the center brand label.

Adirondack store bats may have other numbers or letters in the center brand label, such as a model number 288, 302F, or P302F."

from BATS, Malta, Fox, Riddell, and Specht, 1995, page 91

Mike jackitout7@aol.com