PDA

View Full Version : The tag guy is at it again:

sox83cubs84
02-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Seen on eBay, expiring tomorrow, and (fortunately) drawing no bids so far:

http://i.ebayimg.com/14/!CEoNl5QBWk~$(KGrHqF,!iEE0E+uBDhBBNScyTcgBQ~~_35.J PG

Does this seller think things through? Even if he is selling tags for what they are, the buyer may sell them for what they add to the appearance of an otherwise phony jersey...and at a LOT bigger price.

Penny wise and pound foolish...

Dave Miedema

both-teams-played-hard
02-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Just like this set/year tag and the McAuliffe year tags he listed a while back, I am confused. How could anyone profit by altering the original jerseys? Who benefits from this?

mlupo
02-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Just like this set/year tag and the McAuliffe year tags he listed a while back, I am confused. How could anyone profit by altering the original jerseys? Who benefits from this?

My guess is he pulls them off of a jersey from a scrub or someone who only played a game or 2(a jersey that wouldn't have a huge value) and sells them hoping someone with pay big bucks for the tags so they can turn a retail authentic from some HOFer into a fake "gu" jersey so they can get someone to buy it thinking it is real. Just my guess though, sad the things people will do to try to make a buck.

both-teams-played-hard
02-09-2011, 01:18 AM
My guess is he pulls them off of a jersey from a scrub or someone who only played a game or 2(a jersey that wouldn't have a huge value) and sells them hoping someone with pay big bucks for the tags so they can turn a retail authentic from some HOFer into a fake "gu" jersey so they can get someone to buy it thinking it is real. Just my guess though, sad the things people will do to try to make a buck.

Yes. These are somewhat logical guesses for an extremely illogical business model.

sox83cubs84
02-09-2011, 09:02 PM
I know who the tag guy is...a longtime participant in game-used memorabilia, Herb Pearo of Vermont.

Dave M.