PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Superbowl Auction

Mulligans
02-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Did anyone win anything in the live Auction? If so, did Hunt send you an Email saying that you won?

I noticed that a couple of my internet Ceiling Bids were where the item ultimately sold, but I never got any response. I'm still not quite sure if my bids were actually the high bid or if Someone topped me at the Live portion?

If I don't hear anything from you guys, I will give Hunt a call.

All that aside.......Did anyone pick up any cool items? How about the Internet Auction that ended last night???....There were a few interesting items there also.....

mmonte4
02-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Prices weren't too bad. I saw the onside kick ball from last year's Super Bowl went for $13,225 (if you count the BP). Thought that ball was in the HOF, guess not!

I'm sure if that ball were auctioned in New Orleans, it would have went for an insane price.

DonFan23
02-08-2011, 09:22 AM
It usually takes a few days to get notified after one of their live events. I'd especially expect that to be the case with them packing up and heading back from the Superbowl.

legaleagle92481
02-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Jeff,

If a bidder at the live auction had the same ceiling bid as you he or she would win the item as per Hunt's auction rules. It happened to me last year so that is a possible explanation.

Mulligans
02-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Yea.....maybe that's what happened, because I vaguely remember getting an email right after the live auction last year.

I don't really understand the policy though....If my bid is $1200, then anyone at the live auction can have the item at my bid? That certainly doesn't seem very fair?

Wouldn't it make more sense for everyone involved if they were forced to bid in 10% intervals?

The Seller nor the Auction house would seem to benefit if this is truly the format?

solarlottry
02-08-2011, 11:27 AM
I phone bid and won the Michael Crabtree shirt. I also won the 1989 SB presentation football with Enberg letter

I was also on the phone for the Vernon Davis, Willis and Westbrook lots. A good buddy of mine and fellow 49er collector won the Willis for 2900 which, considering its use is a steal. At least we spoke prior to the auction and didnt bid it up against each other. The fact that NFL auctions had another Willis which ended yesterday may have kept the price down. That shirt only sold for 1900 (nice bid of 1100 Legal!) They have sold at least 4 of his shirts this year and with him being popular i expect them to sell them every year thus making each one less valuable. I would have tried to win yesterdays Willis but i have last years shirt and could not see spending more $$$ on the same player with so many of his shirts being sold.

i thought other things sold for good $ like Moss at 6500$

Mulligans
02-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Justin.....Is this what you were referring to?

Lots open at one increment above the second highest ceiling bid, and not at the high bid. Therefore, it is rare, but possible for a live bidder to win a lot for an amount equal to an absentee bidder’s left bid. Due to the nature of incremental bidding,

Hunt Auctions will not be held responsible for this occurrence.

Mulligans
02-08-2011, 12:20 PM
......I guess that I don't feel so bad considering I lost out to solarlottry!

Paul.....I let you have the Takeo Spikes on NFL and you do this to me???I'm just kidding of course:).....I'm a few bucks richer having lost out on some nice items!

matt
02-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Don't assume you lost until you call. I had the same situation with my Ted Williams bat at the Louisville Slugger acution. I pre-bid low and the lot closed at that price but I never got ANY notification. I assumed a floor bidder matched me and I lost. When I called and got a live person, they confirmed I had won. The rules about floor bidders are confusing, as described by others.

Matt

Mulligans
02-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks Matt.....I called Hunt and you were correct in your assumptions....I did in fact win some of the items that I had assumed I lost. They just haven't had a chance to notify anyone yet.

woody1351
02-08-2011, 05:13 PM
i bought the kurt warner signed and painted super bowl ball. i paid more than i wanted but im still excited to get it.

Mulligans
02-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Now that is real nice.

I somehow must have missed that one....:)

woody1351
02-09-2011, 05:11 PM
thanks mulligans. i cant wait for it to get here. the only problem is im going to be in daytona when it gets here so im going to have to wait a few more days to see it.

Dewey2007
02-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Very nice pickup! Strange though. It is showing on Hunt's completed auction results as an item that Did Not Sell?

thanks mulligans. i cant wait for it to get here. the only problem is im going to be in daytona when it gets here so im going to have to wait a few more days to see it.

Dewey2007
02-09-2011, 05:54 PM
My bad. It looks like their completed auction results just haven't been fully updated yet. Again, congrats on picking up a very cool item!

woody1351
02-10-2011, 08:53 AM
i got a winning bid notification but i did see that also yesterday, so i logged on to check my acct.

Mulligans
02-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Did anyone get an invoice or any notification from the Live auction yet?

solarlottry
02-12-2011, 02:53 AM
......I guess that I don't feel so bad considering I lost out to solarlottry!

Paul.....I let you have the Takeo Spikes on NFL and you do this to me???I'm just kidding of course:).....I'm a few bucks richer having lost out on some nice items!

The Spikes was a great deal-thanks!!!!

The Crabtree was bordering on expensive as he might be a bust if he does not have a great season next year. On the other hand this is his first shirt to appear on the market so it might be a real good one.

The Willis shirts have been appearing at a fairly constant rate on NFL auctions (something I expect to continue next season) so the value of his shirts should level out or even decrease as we saw with the last shirt sold for less than 2K.

It will be interesting to see how the value of recent 49er shirts holds up with all of the shirts for sale recently on NFL auctions, although I wish they would try adding some different players beside the usual Willis, Justin Smith, Spikes and Davis!

dcgreg25
02-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Did anyone get an invoice or any notification from the Live auction yet?

My invoice arrived in the mail today.