PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Penguins jersey on eBay

respo
02-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Anybody know what this jersey is worth? It belongs to my neighbor and he has a lot of older jerseys, and he doesnt ever wear them so he put this one on ebay. within minutes he received offers of $150, and $100. Much more then he thought it was even worth. Should he take the $150? or is this particular jersey pretty valuable, and hold off? thanks in advance, all responses are appreciated!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pittsburgh-Penguins-vintage-hockey-jersey-size-L-/320653990527?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aa8779a7f#ht_500wt_1105

dcrules01
02-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Not guranting anything but it's an authentiv and rare. Hockey collectors wiL pay serious cash. My opinion is he should be able to get 250 and up. It's an authentic btw. Does he have any other hockey jerseys Nordiques Devils??

jhunt28
02-08-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm not a hockey guy by any means...but I'm from NYC. That jersey has a Gerry Cosby retail tag in the collar. Back in the day, Cosby's was the only place for you to pick up real jerseys from any team. This was way before Modell's, Sports Authority, etc... They were located in the lobby of Madison Square Garden, and have now moved to 31st Street..and Cosby's used to be the offical jersey supplier to the NY Rangers. I have a few old hockey jerseys that I used to collect as a kind with this tagging in it. Like I said, I'm no expert in the hockey field, but I have a few retail jerseys with this same tagging in it. Looks like an old vintage retail jersey to me.