PDA

View Full Version : derek jeter gu bat on ebay question

cjclong
02-07-2011, 01:54 PM
I have several Jeter game used bats but have been wanting to find one with with a ton of use. There is a jeter autographed game used bat on ebay being offered by probstein 123 for $3,000. The pictures of the bat on the site look like it has a ton of use and that the finish on the bat is faded. However the seller has a number of pictures on the left side of site. On the bottom of the two rows of pictues on the second from the far right on the bottom their is a psa/dna cert. The pictures of the bat on the psa/dna cert do not seem to refect the use the posted pictures do and the finish looks much brighter and less faded. Does anyone have an opinion about this? The psa/dna pictures look about like some of the Jeter bats I have. Any opinions will be appreciated

spartanservitto
02-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Its just the glare from the photos, that bat is incredible.

I actually have seen a difference in PSA photos, and the actual bat though...I recently purchased a 2009 Albert Pujols and the mid barrel was nearly clean with pine tar as opposed to the PSA picture, and you could actually see the pine tar coming off from them taking the photos and moving the bat around.

This however, looks like an amazing bat, Would love to have it.

-Tony

cstock101
02-07-2011, 04:01 PM
I've watched numerous Probstein auctions and wow he has some incredible items. My suggestion would be to call him. If I remember correctly,he doesnt seem to write huge long descriptions and includes his
phone number in the listing.

tigerdale
02-08-2011, 07:39 AM
I've tried emailing you lately, is your email no longer working, it always gets kicked back to me!

onlyalbert
02-08-2011, 06:34 PM
I have several Jeter game used bats but have been wanting to find one with with a ton of use. There is a jeter autographed game used bat on ebay being offered by probstein 123 for $3,000. The pictures of the bat on the site look like it has a ton of use and that the finish on the bat is faded. However the seller has a number of pictures on the left side of site. On the bottom of the two rows of pictues on the second from the far right on the bottom their is a psa/dna cert. The pictures of the bat on the psa/dna cert do not seem to refect the use the posted pictures do and the finish looks much brighter and less faded. Does anyone have an opinion about this? The psa/dna pictures look about like some of the Jeter bats I have. Any opinions will be appreciated

Taube had a Jeter on his site that had the most use I've ever seen, but I think he wanted like $6k for it. Shoot him an offer. Never know.

orioles03
03-30-2011, 05:34 PM
I just picked up the sickest jeter bat today so much dead wood and just pounded .cracked in two MLB auth

5toolplayer
04-06-2011, 07:59 PM
post some pics...I want to see this bad boy