PDA

View Full Version : Anybody notice the Rodgers jersey price?

Jags Fan Dan
02-07-2011, 08:46 AM
On JOs site, I think it went from $11,500 yesterday to $15k today. Talk about the Super Bowl bump!!:D

Greenbaumer
02-07-2011, 11:29 AM
I was at JO's headquarters the other day and they had a Rodgers worn from the win over the Vikings this year, not on the site for 12,500, told me if he won Super Bowl price may double.

mbenga28
02-07-2011, 11:36 AM
so had they lost, shouldn't the price of went down as well?

Greenbaumer
02-07-2011, 12:02 PM
I guess we'll never know.

legaleagle92481
02-07-2011, 01:20 PM
I was at JO's headquarters the other day and they had a Rodgers worn from the win over the Vikings this year, not on the site for 12,500, told me if he won Super Bowl price may double.

The jersey in question spent many months on Ebay. The seller was unable to even get $6,200 for it as recently as Christmas. I know because I considered purchasing it. He had it listed on there as recently as two weeks ago. Apparently JO bought it. Now they are trying to make a killing on it. To my knowledge there are only two other jerseys besides the two JO owns from this year out there. Lets keep some perspective on Rodgers he has played THREE years as a starter. Yes it is great that he won Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP but then Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostler, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer and Eli Manning are Super Bowl winning qbs also. Eli, Larry Brown and Dexter Jackson are SB MVPS. He has a long way to go until he is an alltime great and as those names illustrate one game does not establish such. Yes the supply is low but after the way they sold this year you gotta bet the Pack will be selling them again next year and year after that and soon the supply will catch up to the demand. No active player is worth $15,000 and certaintly not 24,000. Not for a regular season jersey. Its insanity and that jersey will sit there for months. They had a Sidney Crosby that they tried getting like 16k for it didnt sell then they dropped it to 8k and probably took slightly less.

legaleagle92481
02-07-2011, 01:26 PM
For perspective. Drew Brees a probable HOfer if he quit today and last year's SB MVP sells for about 4.5-6k (I paid 4.5 for mine the week before last year's sb). Peyton Manning definite HOFer 2006 SB MVP sells for between 5-11k (this year's SB auction a few hit the higher figure and I paid 5.5 for mine last spring), Eli Manning the 2007 SB MVP sells for between 3-4k (I paid 3.7 for mine this fall). Brady is impossible to find so you really can't compare that. Ive seen two ever. No other active QBs are SB MVPS. Warner went for 5 something at last year's SB auction. Yes, these guys above have more shirts on the market but theyve also started many more games so thats to be expected as Rodgers plays more supply will catch up..