PDA

View Full Version : Buster Posey World Series Batting Helmet

schubert1970
02-06-2011, 04:05 PM
I received and e-mail from a forum member today telling me that during Fan Fest, the Giants had Buster's Word Series batting helmet on display on the club level along with Renteria and Huff.

I purchased a Posey helmet during the Giants December sale and photo matched it to almost everygame this season including the post season.

Apperently the Giants made a big mistake. Here are a few nice photo matches of Buster's helmet being used in game 1 of the World Series. He used this in every post season game, but I'm only going to post game one since it's the same match for every game.

The MLB hologram on the helmet is game issued, but once I matched it up I could care less about the MLB designation, especially since I don't plan on selling the helmet.

There are three deep scuffs above the SF. I've seen these scuffs in almost every 2010 game regular and post season season games. Also, there was a white sticker below the "R" rawling sticker that began to peel off during the season, you can still see some of the white remnants. The last thing I noticed was the bottom right of the name plate was starting to peel.

Sorry for the lengthy post, just wanted to set the record straight.

Bill

Insomniac186
02-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Perhaps the Giants didn't think anyone could tell the difference. And lucky you for owning that helmet!

schubert1970
02-06-2011, 05:16 PM
I guess the helmet the Giants have on display is dated 11/1/10 from game 5. Apparently it doesn't have much use.

Just for the heck of it I look at some game 5 video and found my same photo matches from the previous games.

Guess you're right, the Giants just made a mistake. They must have mixed them up or something. They probably could care less.

wllump52
02-10-2011, 01:22 AM
could be as a few bats in the dec sale were not as described, nice pick up on the posey hr bat, almost bought it before you but passed -- still recovering from the giants december sale