PDA

View Full Version : Replacing an SCDA letter of opinion?

scottanservitz
08-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Hello forum. I have a question regarding replacing a possible lost SCDA letter for a bat I recently sold on eBay. I sent it separately from the bat so as not to wrinkle it up. The buyer has yet to get the letters. It also had another from a company I originally bought it from. I called them and they can replace that letter. How do I go about replacing the other letter? Do I go through MEARS now? It was graded by Bushing, so I would imagine they carried over their records to MEARS, right? It hasn't been quite a week yet, but the buyer understandably is hounding me for them. Thanks is advance.
Scott
ps I didn't do a delivery confirmation on it, so in essence I am responsible.

sportscentury
08-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Scott,

I would contact MEARS. They recognize all SCDA letters and should be able to help, assuming that they have the item in their system. I don't know what the cost, if any, there would be.

Best of luck,
Reid

P.S. I would wait a little longer before worrying too much about it. The United States Postal Service is brutal.

scottanservitz
08-20-2006, 01:12 AM
Reid,
Thanks. You are right, the USPS IS Brutal!
Scott

MSpecht
08-20-2006, 01:27 AM
Hi Scott--

Also, the LOA Archive section of Game Used Universe, under the Game Used Library tab, has hundreds of SDCA LOA's archived and available, both an overview of the cert and an Adobe file of the actual letter itself. Possibly the letter you are referring to is archived on this site.

Good luck

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

scottanservitz
08-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Mike,
Thanks. I checked, but it is not in there. If anyone has a MEARS membership, the cert. # is 251744. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
Scott

scottanservitz
08-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Just a quick follow up on this situation. The buyer got his letters today. I got two quick responses from MEARS. They were very helpful. So everything turned out alright. Thanks for calming my nerves. And remember to ship anything of importance with del. conf.
Thanks.

sportscentury
08-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Scott,

Glad to hear it. I figured it would work out either way. The USPS requires a lot of patience (and luck).

Best,
Reid